What Was The Most Bonkers Retro MBUK Issue Of All Time?

hookooekoo

Senior Retro Guru
I seem to recall an issue that combined mountain biking and paragliding. And I think there was another issue that involved using abseiling equipment to 'ride' down the vertical face of Malham Cove. Were there any other really bonkers issues? I think there might have been a scuba diving one too, but I really can't remember for sure.

Assuming I'm not mistaken, does anyone have a copy of those issues? It would be quite nice to see the articles and all the crazy pictures again. Things were very different back then, and I kind of wish that I'd kept some of those magazines to look back on. Maybe there's even someone here on the forum who was involved in producing those stunts.

Looks like my memory was working correctly when I recalled an edition with a crazy SCUBA biking feature.

:!: may 93 vol6 no5
scuba biking
testedDBR dual response, carrera shockwave, Muddy fox rocknroll, proflex 453 & 853 & gt rts2.
Justin loretz's chas roberts dogs bolx.
tested sunglasses

First one I thought of was the Malham Cove one, on an Orange Clockwork. Was telling my son when we drove past it last week!

I remember the issue where they were riding around the house...down the stairs etc! 🤣

Tried it myself on my old Alpinestars (This was back in '92) and ended up pulling all the stair carpet up from locking the wheels on the brakes and taking chunks out of the wallpaper with my bar ends!!!😬

Mum kicked my Ars* 🤣

I recall one where they tried to use parachutes to ‘sail’ back up a hill? The issue was stopping. Applying the brakes increased resistance and therefore force.

Back