What the hell is this frame?!

Rub it down by hand and see if there are any stamps on the tubes, E for example.

Re:

@ hamster...

Other than the very nice steel frames which I've seen in Bristol at the handmade show, I don't know anything about vanilla...

Have you any pics or links please?

Out of interest what are you doing with that (and No I’m not expressing an interest in taking it off your hands)

There has to be story in how it came in to your unlikely possession

Attachments

• 296DB170-A161-4316-B632-8CE3EFD7ABD9.jpeg
    296DB170-A161-4316-B632-8CE3EFD7ABD9.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 305
Retro Spud":q4uxqf1f said:
Out of interest what are you doing with that (and No I’m not expressing an interest in taking it off your hands)

There has to be story in how it came in to your unlikely possession

Yes, there is a story - and thanks for appreciating it's not my usual kind of frame!

It came with some Hope brakes which I wanted for my AMP is the short story. 4 different sets I bought in the end before determining the correct calliper size...

:facepalm:

In terms of plans for it. - it either goes outside my front door with a 'free to a good home' sign as I've done in the past, or I'll list it on here to recoup my petrol costs. But, if the latter I would really rather know what it is a little more so I don't piss people off.

To be brutally frank, it's one of those things that I'd be happy to get 20 quid for [means I'd be selling it for the bottom bracket fitted] but really can't be arsed to pack up and post as I can't see the value in it to either party. The doorstep and 'freebie' sign is where I'm leaning really taking into account current workload!

I'm also a little interested in trying to narrow it down really just for fun, as this era of frame is one I know absolutely zero about as you know!

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":2x114okp said:
@ hamster...

Other than the very nice steel frames which I've seen in Bristol at the handmade show, I don't know anything about vanilla...

Have you any pics or links please?

I meant it metaphorically...the word generic didn't come into my head. Some of those unbranded Taiwanese frames are lovely to ride.

Back