What rigid fork for a Yo?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Well, was going to move it on but it's looking all stripped and gorgeous, kind of like Jessica Biel in 'Powder Blue' (rubbish film but features a naked Mrs Timberlake pouring molten candle wax on her body. Anyway, I digress).

So, maybe I should keep the Yo after all. It was fitted with RC36s but a rigid fork will probably make me more likely to ride it. But what fork? Finding a Kameleon Yo or BOI with a long enough steerer will be pricey/tricky, let alone colour matching to Kameleon. What about an RC30 in chrome finish? Or an On One Superlight (oh, the irony) in red (I dare say could be resprayed)? Both are'in stock' so are the easy option, but what else should I consider?

For my very slow burning yo project, i got hold of some ti segmented forks at a reasonable price, but I also considered early saracen oor orange segmented forks, Tange switchblades and the like. Not seen a build with RC30s to comment, but they could work.

For mine, I have asked to Nader on the forum, where he made its Yo Eddy fork. His answer : Georg in Germany, you can contact him at www.gebla.de.
The work is an high quality with a good weight, and he can make the fork with the geometry you want. In comparison with original Fat fork, it's less expensive and new.
:D

Back