what next?

just shows though that we're willing to believe something as daft as this... which says almost as much as if they *had* banned the red arrows i.e. we wouldn't put it past them :roll:

orange71":gc64aszv said:
just shows though that we're willing to believe something as daft as this... which says almost as much as if they *had* banned the red arrows i.e. we wouldn't put it past them :roll:

So true I wouldn't have put it past them to do some thing silly like this. Look what the 'pc' lot have done to kids nursery songs. No more ' black sheep'

tintin40":3bxo4y73 said:
orange71":3bxo4y73 said:

So true I wouldn't have put it past them to do some thing silly like this. Look what the 'pc' lot have done to kids nursery songs. No more ' black sheep'

They did try to ban it, but it was thrown out as being ridiculous.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/600470.stm

my better half works for the council and quite alot of things/sayings have been changed.not all racist may i add,its now a thought shower as brain storming may offend people with epilepsy(mispelt sorry).

i now alot of things get the chinese whisper treatement in this country but overseas they dont seem to tolerate the bullshite we seem to,it is about time britain became great again and politicians actually served ME ,after all thats what we pay them to do,apparently.or have i got it all wrong. :x

longun":1m6ph7sl said:
my better half works for the council and quite alot of things/sayings have been changed.not all racist may i add,its now a thought shower as brain storming may offend people with epilepsy(mispelt sorry).

A lot of that comes from poorly trained/skilled/stupid management that have no real understanding of employment law or common sense. They start out well meaning, by looking at genuinely important things like equal opportunities and end up totally missing the point. It's a common problem in H&S where a proper risk assessment isn't done and the person with the ultimate responsibility takes some knee-jerk decision because they are scared of getting sued.

The general public love nothing more than latching on to a half truth, particularly if it lets them moan about anyone in a position of greater responsibility :roll:

Back