What left hand crank do I have - need

Nigelpa

Marin Fan
Today my left hand pedal worked loose and ‘threaded’ the crank. I need a new left hand crank. This bike is new to me so can someone confirm what sort of crank I need please.

Is it an ‘octilink’ (even though it has ten splines?)

It is a Marin Pine Mountain 2019.

Cheers

FC4D7961-4FDD-4A96-819C-F2E4C8D6832C.jpeg 94B213DD-55A5-4EE1-A7C2-E9244C62D9EA.jpeg

It has an external bottom bracket so it will be Hollowtech || or equivalent depending on manufacturer

Thanks. Marin call it a ‘Marin Forged Alloy 1x10, Hollow Spindle’.

I will search for hollowtech left hand cranks.

@jonnyboy666

Hello. Do you have pedal taps or rethreading tools? Is a re-thread something you would do in your shop?

I’ll probably ring you tomorrow anyway!

i have thread taps but if you have ripped the thread out completely then it's either a case of drilling out and putting in an insert, which i can't do but GA cycles can, but financially it would be cheaper to replace the arm, that said you may struggle to find one, it looks like an FSA rebranded one.

i have thread taps but if you have ripped the thread out completely then it's either a case of drilling out and putting in an insert, which i can't do but GA cycles can, but financially it would be cheaper to replace the arm, that said you may struggle to find one, it looks like an FSA rebranded one.
Thanks. FSA narrows it down a lot. Searching EBay.

Otherwise I’ll have to change the BB and get an alternative crankset.

Last edited:
So I was lucky to access to a pedal tap and re threaded the pedal thread from the ‘back’. So pleased to get it sorted. Will look at getting a new BB and crankset in next couple of months when I get some more wear off this one.
Thanks all for help.

Back