what is the best value hardtail for under £ 400 ???

Ah, thanks, those rock riders are lower end of the scale though I reckon you could do worse... And a 29er could be a great all rounder for that price. The gt isn't bad really for a beginner, I guess the frame is fairly good

Oh, just noticed the gt is hi tensile steel thought it'd be aluminium. Db axis sounds like a good deal. Thanks good tip

I had to nearly give away my 2006 saracen zen a few months back, sold it on gumtree in the end for £180, nice frame with full 2006 (?) Shimano lx groupset, nice wheels, new-ish Clarke hydraulic disc brakes and nice marzocchi forks. I.e. better spec then you would find on a new bike for £5-600 new and my bike was near mint. You can find bargains out there, just dont buy a massive name as if you put the word kona in front of it then its instantly double the price.

there was a klein attitude on here for 300 quid, a trek y22 mint went on here for 250 i paid 180 for my gt lts from here.
here is all you need and also "we" tend to be more sympathetic to our fellow retro brothers when it comes to pricing for each other, way more than ebay anyway. saying that i paid 65 for my as new trek 6000 and my mate paid a massive 17 quid for his xt equipped 8000 on ebay :D

Back