What happened to bikeretrogrouch?

Frankenorange

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hello

Just wondering if there are any american RBers who know what happened to the man , who called himself Brooks, who had the bikeretrogrouch.blogspot.com webpages. He posted regularly about his bikes, kit and life, but back in '21 his posts just stopped.
He had a couple of young daughters so maybe one of them got sick, and life took a differeent road, but maybe he had a crash or got covid and, well, isn't well himself....or passed away.

Anyhow; just wondering if anyone knows. He seemed like a wholesome fellow who loved history, nature, family and teaching, and i miss his posts.

I kind of wondered this too, I noticed he posted less and less over the years. Maybe he ran out of content, got bored or just moved on to different things in life.

He was "thinning his herd" in 2022, and hasn't posted in Classic Rendezvous since July 2022.

Last edited:
Reading through his last posts I had the sense that he lost interest in blogging. A lot of the great cycling bloggs of the early 2000's have died - Look at Lovely Bicycle. Blogging takes a fair bit of time and I can see losing interest after a decade or so

I hope his health and family are ok.

Maybe you do know what is going on and can't say for a whole bunch of reasons but if so you really are better off not saying a word. You just sound like a troll with your post.
Thats a bit harsh.
He's essentially saying, dont look out for his web activities, stuff has changed, but its not for him to say how
In other words, dont expect to see him, everyone move on

Back