What do you make of these dropouts

in the link they mention the dropouts are 4130

if you click on "bmx" and scroll down the stickers have a air hardened 4130 sticker

in " faq " they mention their steel isnt 4130 , but id guess that once you air harden something you couldnt really call it the same as the non hardened type

they also build choppers and id guess those are 4130 cromo

i didnt notice they were hardened until i looked again , the hardened tube will mean they can use a thinner wall so it wouldnt weigh a ton but i doubt it still wont be as light as some steel frames were used to

have a look at ukbikeco , they use hardened tube and they are quite light

perry":1420vjm5 said:
non laser cut

The site says they are laser cut. Some of the welding on the site looks blobby but other parts look fine. So I guess you get pot luck there. They seem experienced enough.

I quite like the look of the frame but the drop outs are a little old school (big) looking. I guess you could attack them with a dremel but then you'd need to respray.

It'll look a lot better built up though and you can't really go wrong with 4130/steel.

I'd say the biggest thing to note from the auction description is;

"Eccentric bottom bracket not included. Must use a Bushnell EBB"

Make sure you can get one of those.

P.S. ukbikeco was mentioned. Their BMX's are renowned for breaking in the short time they have been around. Has anyone on here got any experience with them?

perry":2g3o41gf said:
non laser cut

The site says they are laser cut. Some of the welding on the site looks blobby but other parts look fine. So I guess you get pot luck there. They seem experienced enough.

I quite like the look of the frame but the drop outs are a little old school (big) looking. I guess you could attack them with a dremel but then you'd need to respray.

It'll look a lot better built up though and you can't really go wrong with 4130/steel.

I'd say the biggest thing to note from the auction description is;

"Eccentric bottom bracket not included. Must use a Bushnell EBB"

Make sure you can get one of those.

P.S. ukbikeco was mentioned. Their BMX's are renowned for breaking in the short time they have been around. Has anyone on here got any experience with them?

Back