What 1" threaded stem best suits a Pace RC200 F2 buiild?

Bollox64

BoTM Winner
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
Building up a 1992 RC200 F2, and looking to follow "the rule of Yorkshire Square", so Pace, Middleburn, Hope etc. However, the Syncros doesn't qualify under that rule, and I'm a bit stuck on what steerer to use from that era - any tips?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=308417

Re:

Something box section would be ideal, but more often than not,they are by roox or some such.

Maybe a 1" stem by orange? As pace and orange have that togetherness. Shouldn't be too hard to get hold of either, maybe a integrated canti noodle too. Ali-stalk or whatever they are called. Can't get more yorkshire than that#.

#probably fabrique de taiwan though.

Re: Re:

Won't need a canti-Noodle, 4-bolt mount Maguras on the frame :)

I had considered an X-Lite box-section viewtopic.php?t=202823 and using a threadles quill stem adapter.
Not to sure about how tight these adapters are, but on a retro ally bike, and at 50 years old, I don't think I'll be stressing it that much...

Thanks

marc two tone":2ljkd10q said:
Something box section would be ideal, but more often than not,they are by roox or some such.

Maybe a 1" stem by orange? As pace and orange have that togetherness. Shouldn't be too hard to get hold of either, maybe a integrated canti noodle too. Ali-stalk or whatever they are called. Can't get more yorkshire than that#.

#probably fabrique de taiwan though.

You could try an I-beam stem as they are a nice box section to complement the frame and cone in 1 inch quill. I was planning on going that route with mine, though also contemplated a kooka stem that is similar in looks the the x-lite one. Got one in black if you fancy it, 1 inch ahead though. If you are running pace forks you could swap the steerer to an ahead version depending on the model.

Got a pic? Tried Google without success...

ishaw":12jg6alq said:
You could try an I-beam stem as they are a nice box section to complement the frame and cone in 1 inch quill. I was planning on going that route with mine, though also contemplated a kooka stem that is similar in looks the the x-lite one. Got one in black if you fancy it, 1 inch ahead though. If you are running pace forks you could swap the steerer to an ahead version depending on the model.

I've used threadless adaptors on my tandem and tourer for several thousand miles without slippage, so I wouldn't worry.

Bollox64":9dkpq8p2 said:
Got a pic? Tried Google without success...

IMG_1266.jpg

file.php

Re:

Pleased to hear it sounds like your having fun with the build Alec :D

Not necessarily in keeping with your vision but I've still got the ITM Top Tech titanium stem and Pace Renthal sub 130 handlebars that used to be on it, Was going to put them up for sale soon but they're just sat on the side if interested, 50% Yorskshire square at least.....

Re: Re:

Hi Lee, yes - though I need to delay some things for the sake of my wallet :facepalm: Still, probably heaps of snow soon, so not exactly biking weather if I did get it finished.

Thanks for the offer, though regarding the stem I DO like the look of the Early X-Lite stem. Hubwise I think it'll be a Pace RC50 up front and a Hope at the rear. A friend of mine in Lincoln found an early XTR rear mech (in good nick) in his shed, and is gifting me that :)

Re the bracket the postie broke, Tarty Bikes had originals still in stock, so I ordered 4. Could you make a claim with iPost for 20 quid for me?

Kult Friction":114ve1ip said:
Pleased to hear it sounds like your having fun with the build Alec :D

Not necessarily in keeping with your vision but I've still got the ITM Top Tech titanium stem and Pace Renthal sub 130 handlebars that used to be on it, Was going to put them up for sale soon but they're just sat on the side if interested, 50% Yorskshire square at least.....

Latest posts

Back