Welton & The Yorkshire Wolds Aftermath

Andy he's only just got home and you picking things of his bike :LOL:

11 starters not 10
8 at the pub and Stephan, Dave and Mike didn't get that far.

I was knackered early on, so didn't talk much when riding just concentrating on turn the old cranks.

Bit hot too.

I'm still knackered and need to sleep,

But if can anyone answer why Dave bike ridden by Dave falls to bits, and Dave's bike ridden by Mike doesn't ?

AR-CoolC":usyzcisx said:
Just a though. Chris and Ben, do either of you have this route logged on MapMyRide?

Soon can have, will try and get it done tonight if not it will be tomorrow ;)

Andy B":145b6zk1 said:
Cheers for organising another epic ride Chris!

24 miles & 2314ft of climbing, which is more mileage and climbing than the ride Kaya took me on a fortnight ago on the N.Yorks Moors :shock:

Gps log here: http://connect.garmin.com/dashboard?cid=14623610

Great to see so many out on such a perfect day for biking, I dunno if it's sunburn or nettles making my arms and legs tingle now

Hope those who left early made it home safely

My brain hurts a bit so here's some pics whilst I try to think of something else to post...

Tea/Coffee Stop

P1020963 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020970 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020974 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020976 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020978 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020979 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020972 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020973 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Pub Lunch Stop

P1020971 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Captain Cosmic's Caption Contest

P1020977 by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Andy the GPS linky isnt working for me?

I am surprised that we did more climbing than that killer loop you did with Vern, the Wolds outdo the Moors eh :LOL:

Odd that the GPS log link isn't working for you, it's set to public not private in the privacy settings :?

I've also linked to it from my Facebook, does that work for ya?

the bars are standard clamp size andy.

was stephan ok?

really gutted i had to spin off early but glad i made the effort to come out - nearly didnt as it hardly seemed worth it for just a quick spin but it keeps the retro fires burning,

Yes the Facebook link is working fine Andy.

Stephan decided he had enough as we climbed out of South Cave and decided to make his own way home, Ben was going to catch up with him this evening.

It was really good to see you and Mike out again Dave, lets try and make it a regular thing ;)

How about you putting on a local ride, the one we did from your house a couple of years ago was good.

Cool I will throw something together. Can't remember the route we dogs though!

Well my arm has gone down a bit now, and is scabbing over nicely :D I think there'll be the mother of all bruises in a day or two.

Anyway, here are my pictures, not as many as I thought I'd taken, and non of any gates :roll:

Deep in discussion
DSCF0841.jpg

The obligatory hands-on-hips pose for a discussion on the pro's and con's of inline cable oilers
DSCF0836.jpg

DSCF0842.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

Sorry about the crappy picture, the sunshine upset my camera. Looks much better in the flesh
DSCF0840.jpg

DSCF0839.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

The bike tree
DSCF0845.jpg

Pub stop line up, in year order
DSCF0847.jpg

Thanks again for a great ride, even if it did hurt so much. Legs like lead this morning. Can't wait for the next one though.

Back