legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Or Retrobike will just go stale.

The Gates ride (now re-christened the 'Nettles& Gates ride) had its 7th outing yesterday.

Questions were asked about why there arent any other rides like this - there are but not everyone uses facebook and suchlike.

We miss the organisation skills of Sinetti and Drystonepaul on these occasions.

Some of the rides had 40+ attendees making them hard work for what is all organised on a voluntary basis.

We all need to get together again and sort something out? Baring going the whole hog with insurance, as long as emergency contacts are noted and the routes well known/ abilities well researched, its not too hard.

As long as you dont mind herding cats...

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.4d87d12ee1e13dec70452daae14d595d.JPG

Re:

And the Yorkshire Weekender now not National ride is this weekend in Cropton if anyone fancies a weekend or day of it.

Re:

What used to be the Big Dirty Weekender is happening in Yorkshire and that used to be classed as a national event so it's still going on although it does seem that the rides have shrunk back to local level with less riders which is a shame as I really enjoyed the big get together's I attended.

It does seem that we've lost the main organisers and they have not been replaced. Not that I'm much use having failed to make a ride for a couple of years now. :facepalm:

Re:

Yesterday was my first group ride in 15 years, after my long cycling hiatus and it was such a blast. I had forgotten just how on it you need to be following a wheel close through low hanging branchy switchbacks, avoiding poo, ruts trying to flick you into a stream etc

These rides make you feel ALIVE. God I have missed that !!. We need a ride like this once a month or more rides like this. I know established 'characters' on RB are best to run these events. I wish I was one but I'm a relative newb. Too much time spent tinkering, spending a fortune on NOS parts and trying to win BOTM is not the same. It was nice to see so many classic bikes and plenty of high end stuff - Danson, Dynatec, PACE 100 with plenty of patina being hammered and no mechanicals either. These things were made to last.

LGF has put something special together. Great scenic routes through sleepy picturesque villages, plenty of water and catchup stops, water features and plenty of easy smooth road on the way back for tired bodies.

As a 'big guy' myself pushing 19st :oops: I was heartened to see a few other big guys still pounding it hard out there. What better way to get fitter and loose a few lbs in our advancing years, than to train with focus, meet up and ride together more regularly eg once a Month ?

Time to take on the trail apathy head on.

Re:

We've struggled getting good numbers to our local rides, all the way down here, for years. I think we should just run them during the warm seasons to stay hungry for them! And when the last National was held in our area it was still too far for me to travel 'cos I was working the night before. :roll:

Anyway, all are welcome to our next local 'SW Massive' Haldon Forest ride near Exeter in Devon >>>

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=352644

Attachments

• th[1].jpg
    th[1].jpg
    10 KB · Views: 575
Re:

LGF For National AEC?? :shock: ;)

"Shameless Area promotion"
Yorkshire area has organised a monthly ride for the pasts 8 years with a weekender in summer,
All announced and promoted in our area forums etc, we've missed the odd 1 or 2 due to bad weather but not many.

* If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend its our "Yorkshire RetroBike Weekender" for details see here... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=350427 All welcome*

Here's a link to our rides aftermaths archive... viewtopic.php?f=31&t=80323

Right now where to start...

legrandefromage":33xckgwj said:
Retrobike will just go stale

I think Retrobike has changed a lot since I've joined,

Questions were asked about why there arent any other rides like this - there are but not everyone uses facebook and suchlike.

People need to look in the area ride forums, still a few areas organise rides, if no rides ask why not? simples :LOL:
Wished it was that easy, but that how easy it is... people need to get involved in there area groups so it shows there's demand for Nationals.

We miss the organisation skills of Sinetti and Drystonepaul on these occasions.

Fancy a job? :twisted:

Some of the rides had 40+ attendees making them hard work for what is all organised on a voluntary basis

But GREAT FUN and you make lots of new friends with the same addiction.

As long as you dont mind herding cats...

Sounds like you've done the job before... fancy a nice new shinny badge? :LOL:

You may have noticed I think its a good idea for someone to step up to the job of National AEC,

just my thoughts ;)

Ps sorry I didn't make the gates ride, I was busy with the weekenders final tweaks.

Maybe it is time to give something back.

Let me think on it. All rides baring weekends will likely be on a Sunday simply due to pending work commitments

I'll look at a 2017 calander

Re:

I'm more than happy to organise the peaks ride, the hard works done......carparks and routes done, trails are there :)

Re: Re:

tiboltrider":1rtizegn said:
We've struggled getting good numbers to our local rides, all the way down here, for years. I think we should just run them during the warm seasons to stay hungry for them! And when the last National was held in our area it was still too far for me to travel 'cos I was working the night before. :roll:

Anyway, all are welcome to our next local 'SW Massive' Haldon Forest ride near Exeter in Devon >>>

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=352644

Hi mate... I am guilty of this :oops: please keep "pm ing me"...work keeps getting in the way..
Cheers bud

Ernie ;)

Back