Water testing swap - retro for modern.......

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
After spending a good few hours in the garage today, I have come to the realisation that I think I have all the bikes I need in the projects I have completed, the only thing missing is something modern (shame on me I know). With this satanic realisation, I am thinking about looking for a swap for something I have, whether that be frame, forks, enough parts for a build etc, but initially lets say the following are up for grabs:

• Pace RC200 F3 (can also offer a set of very nice RC35 AB forks with brand spanking unused elastomers from Pace). This was going to be a break from the norm of pace builds. Forks were going to be RC36 with the ti nitride sliders, cranks nos caramba sidewiders in black with a gold spider, onza ho V brakes mated to Avid black ops levers, XC pro elsewhere, inc wheels, thumbies, gears etc. Was also contemplating Nuke proof hubs and onza ho canti brakes, tech-lite levers etc.
  • AMP B5 in stunning yellow. When I bought this I was told it was nos. I suspect not though, although it is in very nice condition - more storage marks than marks from use, if it was ever used I'd say. This could come with a number of shock options, including the original, an X-Fusion O2, or a Fox float (model escapes me). The plan for this was yellow all the way, with silver roox finishing kit, all of which I have. I was going to run more modern kit on this, 9 speed XT M770 I think with yellow spoked spinergy wheels, but potentially discs were an option (older hope ones with hope/mavic citron disc wheels)
  • Litespeed Obed FS - this is absolutely mint, barley a mark on it. Didn't buy it as NOS, but it really almost could be. Shock options on this could include the original, a Risse air shock, or a Risse Elroy. I was planning on building this up with ti bars, stem, seat post, white industry disc wheels and Rock shox/Amp disc brakes all of which I have. I was either going to go M952 all the way on this, or swap a few things, such as cranks (syncros).

So, does anyone fancy swapping anything with me, or do I have to raise funds the hard way :D

Just looking for a disc only frame, something not too mainstream but not necessarily boutique and therefore silly expensive. Colour not fussed, as long as it will work with the hope/chris king blue and black. Size would be 18 inches plus (I think the last modern bike I had was a 19 inch Giant which fitted quite well), and I'm not sure what I am looking for, but leaning towards hard tail I think.

Afraid I have nothing to swap modern wise unless you want a Boardman hybrid. If you are willing to sell your Nukeproof hubs, especially if built up with black / grey anodized rims I'd certainly be interested. Tim

Re:

I think you are better off selling what you want to fund the modern build. I went this route with my new bike and it saved me a ton.

This is my 2012 Scandium Kona King Kahuna (built this winter with all new bits). I have not rode one of my retro bikes on the trail since I built it. Still with a wee bit of retro flair. My last new bike was a late 90s FS. This bike makes you feel a bit like a superstar when you ride it. Just silly smooth and fast.

To get the better deals on bike modern bike parts you really need to build off season. The online dealers prices just plummet after October.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 333
I can't deny that it is a very nice bike, probably more than a pedestrian cyclist like me would know what to do with though. Will bear it in mind, though currently scrabbling to claw together some funds for a nice steel frame I have seen.

Re:

I have a fabulous S-Works
M5
Stumpjumper, Hardtail, discs, polished aluminium.

I will be back home in 10 days.

Back