"VRC, we have lost cabin pressure…"

£3706 and its yours - one of a kind offer, I'll even throw in the dirt for free.

Cant read the thread but I get the gist

Attachments

• maverick.JPG
    maverick.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,442
I missed it what happened? some argument over prices of goods for sale by 2 sellers? Not particularly fond of that MTBR.com as a whole. I had posted a thread and the next thing i know some idiot is slagging me stupid and bringing my wife into it as well for absolutely no reason. Love this forum. Very nice friendly people (even though i've only met 1 of you face to face) and whatever happened gm1230126 i'm sure is more than welcome on here

I believe though not 100% that the thought was VRC is run by a cabal, fixing ebay prices and deleting 'how much is my' posts with other cabal members buying up the stuff, also inflating brands and parts for financial gain and other nefarious activites :twisted: they met in a dark alley in ebayland somewhere. Lawsuits will be flying no doubt :LOL:

cached:

Now be nice, no fighting y'all.

----------------
"
What’s this about the Fight Club?….don’t even try to delete this!

I was searching recently on eBay groups to see if there were any mountain bike groups when I stumbled through a back door to the VMBEFG.... a “good old boys club” it seems moderated by none other than VRC’s very own Rumpfy

It seems as though somewhere along the VRC timeline a “good old boys club” did form. Look Here! http://groups.ebay.com/forum/Vmbefg/Welcome/100011556

Please note that this "good old boys club’s" playroom is housed in eBays groups and while looking at VMBEFG check out the group charter here http://groups.ebay.com/clubcharter.jspa ... =100001076 ....interestin g isn’t it? “The second rule of Fight Club...you do not talk about Fight Club”
Gee, why not??? (something illegal going on?) Please also note that this is a “Private eBay Group” having 17 members and 16 moderators. Who know's how many of the members are active? Also note that this VMBEFG group has been in existence since 7/10/2004. Please note the number of discussions that have taken place in the 2,096 days this group has been in existence.

Gee now I wonder what all the talk is about???? Over 10 discussions per day.....365 days per year.

I have recently learned from a mole, I'll call him Deep Throat. who found my recent “good old boy” comments in a VRC thread very comical... because as he said…”that’s funny…the good old boys club really does exist” Exactly what I stumbled onto in eBay groups.

Then “Deep Throat” went on and said I quote, "It was set up as a search hub, pooling resources to find deals and divvy up the loot between members. In fact some of them (the members) made it their primary source of income. Once Rumpfy & FilletBrazed became close friends, it quickly desolved into S_ _ T-talking mtbr, and soon, anyone who disagreed with Dave time. When Sky got in on it, it quickly went from bad to worse, and the attitude started spilling over to mtbr. It got so bad, some members of VMBEFG left, while others are still there just because they fear the negative press their shops got as a result. (imagine that business owners involved too). It went from a collecting group to delusions of "power" and "influence" in the vintage world. It was decided what bike brands and mtbr members are valued over others, and these values were enforced by bids on ebay and posts on mtbr. The fact that guys (like) gm, Stan, colker, and a couple others, continue to defy them seriously upsets them, as you can see, because as far as they're concerned, they spent five years of their time, building and pumping up the values of their collections and marginalizing what they saw as opposition.

When they decided to treat newcomers looking for info on their old rides with hostility and delete their posts, it was so one of the members could play good cop, and say, "hey, I saw the moderator deleted your post, but I was interested in it...". All they had to do was get (mtbr) ownership to back them up with the "Didn't pay for an (spam) ad" angle, and they were in the clear from any backlash. You notice that the other forums on mtbr aren't so strict or hostile. Many of the VMBEFG members bikes were scored using this & other methods.

VRC has changed, and it's in no small way due to the "Good Old Boys" changing it themselves. When it became about the money, the passion turned ugly, no surprise. This probably sounds a little conspiracy-theory-ish, but consider the number of threads in VMBEFG. What do you think they found to talk about all this time? There's only so much to say about their own same old bikes over and over."

i thank my moel Deep Throat for what you have just read. I know “L” , feels that his sharing this with me might finally bring some justice and peace to VRC.

So, in closing I'd like to invite each one of you fellow brethren to
think back about: 1) the VRC rules….like no outing (gee I wonder why); 2) various bike posts; 3) competitive contest threads (who gets to be one of the ten only to up their own bikes value when sale/auction time comes); 4)recent bike postings; 5) big dollar bike sales on eBay and 6)other recent activity on VRC. Then wonder to yourself how this group has affected the rest of us whether it be our pocketbooks or our freedoms to freely post and be a equal participating member compared to those in the exclusive VMBEFG group that Rumpfy so honorably leads behind closed doors.

Let’s just say that the proper authorities will likely soon be investigating the members of this VMBEFG group. One would only hope that they don’t discover that collusion, extortion or racketeering has been going on and on an international scale.

This post has broken no form rules. A delete or attempted delete of this post will only show cause as an admittance of guilt to the authorities that have been informed.
"

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I read through the various posts last night scratching my head wondering how it had come to all of this. Some guys seem to take the whole collecting thing far too seriously. I have posted a few times, but the senseless bickering that seems to go on is unbelievable. For example when people post threads about middle of the road bikes, they can get flamed. Why can't people just ignore the thread and it'll soon enough drop out of sight? The whole 'outing' thing baffles me too. Having said that I suppose that forum does cater for bikes that seem to be that much older and I suppose harder for parts to come by...

I don't know. Right now the only reason I go over there is to watch the car crash :roll:

gm1230126 has always been very helpful for me. I wouldn't have any hesitation in dealing with him if you're considering it!! :)

F**k!, the proles have just realised that some of the old bike bits they've been willing to pay over the odds for might not actually be worth as much as they thought.

Now we're in trouble!

:roll:

Back