Vitus 992 seat post screw thread

Re:

Hopefully the changes to the gearing will help. So far, the bike feels great, very precise and fast.
Think the flexibility thing may be overdone a bit, or else Im not producing enough power!
I think I will replace the top tube Vitus decals and the three small blue 992 tubing decals and resist the other multicolour decals. It would be a shame not to let it me known that it is a Vitus, especially here in Ireland.

Looks very nice indeed.

I have some spare Vitus (Top tube, seat tube) and 992 decals in yellow.

2015-03-02-08.05.33.jpg

They were too translucent for my dark blue frame but should look great on the lighter silver.

PM me your address if you'd like them and I can post them to you.

Martin

Re:

PM-ed. Many thanks, they will be perfect.
Looking forward to watching your 979 rebuild, love the blue frame. I'll be looking for one on Leboncoin!!

Re:

A few photos of the Vitus with the decals supplied gratis by Howlindawg.
They look great, wasn't 100% sure where to put them, but looks good. Will get the 3 frame 992 decals and leave it at that.
Also fitted a 60mm stem to reduce the stretch, looks a little odd but works a treat.
Just need to sort the gearing out and find that elusive gold Mavic CXP 30 with a Campagnolo hub.

Attachments

• DSCF7455.jpg
    DSCF7455.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 452
  • DSCF7456.jpg
    DSCF7456.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 452
  • DSCF7461.jpg
    DSCF7461.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 452
Re: Re:

Looks great! :cool:

borris4":23ipbgdc said:
wasn't 100% sure where to put them

I've seen so many variations of the decals that I don't think there is a right or wrong way to do it. I strongly suspect that they left the factory with decals wherever Jean-Paul and Marie-Claire wanted to fit them. ;)

Re:

Just ordered the 992 frame decals from Dizzibird. Will have to add up the final build cost, as it has eaten into my budget for a Chorus equipped Canyon Ultimate Al with Mavic Kysrium wheels which I have been promising myself.
It will be interesting to compare the two bikes.

Re:

Very cool :cool:

Building one up at the moment myself, I love the attention to detail on the castings like the head-tube and the bottom bracket shell.

13-28 cassette arrived today, bought off Ebay. Almost new and noticeable benefit on hills. Will wait and see if 39t inner chainring still necessary.
Anyone have any thoughts on Rigida DP18 aero rims?

Finally got a wheelset built using Chorus hubs and Mavic CXP 22 rims. I think they suit the look of the bike.
Saddle changed to a Selle Italia Flite
and black Fizik bar tape.
39t inner chain ring now fitted and the only thing left to do is to fit a Deda Murex 90mm stem as the current stem is a little short.
Getting plenty of use, very pleased with how it has turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1717 (1).JPG
    IMG_1717 (1).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 336
Back