Vitus 979 frame and fork 57cm and Lejeune frame + fork 60cm

The top tube is 56cm. Most vitus's where anodised but this a Shorter bike and hense was painted up by Shorter Rohford Cycles for purposes unknown - maye for racing. I have tried speaking to Shorter Rochford cycles but they were not able to help me.

More photo's of both frames below.

P1010099.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010097.jpg

P1010096.jpg

P1010095.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010093.jpg

P1010092.jpg

P1010091.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010089.jpg

P1010087.jpg

P1010086.jpg

P1010085.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010083.jpg

bm0p700f":2jswvric said:
The top tube is 56cm. Most vitus's where anodised but this a Shorter bike and hense was painted up by Shorter Rohford Cycles for purposes unknown - maye for racing. I have tried speaking to Shorter Rochford cycles but they were not able to help me.

Interesting......i take your point about the perils of shot-blasting in the context of a frame with glued joints.....but it should cope with shotblasting and lacquer..give it a natural finish.....i'm near Cambridge.....whereabouts in Suffolk are you?

One further question...does the frame have the retention screw for the seatpost?.....so potential dibs on the Vitus....assuming all the glued joints are just that...firmly glued and not loose.

The retension screw you speak of must be in the shop somewhere but it is not in the frame. I do think shot balsting would work but the frame finish may be affeted.

The glued oints are all firm, that frame has been riden efore dismatling. All the omponents were used on my Alan.

I am based in Glemsford in suffolk. Come and see it if you like.

bm0p700f":30yn3kzp said:
The retension screw you speak of must be in the shop somewhere but it is not in the frame. I do think shot balsting would work but the frame finish may be affeted.

The glued oints are all firm, that frame has been riden efore dismatling. All the omponents were used on my Alan.

I am based in Glemsford in suffolk. Come and see it if you like.

Doubts raised.....need the retention screw and concerned about potential problems with respraying.....so wavering.

I have found the important screw, the threads on it are fine.

Others will have to comment about bllsting an alu frame and the finish it will leave as the ones I have had done where painted and the finish was then fine.

I don't think blasting will be much of a problem.

I've done some research and shotblasting could be perilous...so i will say no....too many risks....perhaps if it were an Alan...it would be different as they have screws as well as glue.

Back