Viscount Tulsa GL

Re: Re:

Goldie":x3yxve8m said:
And stick some more pictures up! That really does look like an amazing transformation.

If you click on the link in the 6th post, it should take you to a photobucket album with lots of photos taken along the way :D

Will add some more when it's finished. Since I took the last ones, the gear cables and new chain are fitted, just waiting for brake levers and then I can fit those and the cables and it's ready for road test.

Re:

Finished :D

I changed the seat because the one that was on it was so hard and uncomfortable. It felt like sitting on the top of a concrete post :eek:

Had a short ride out on it and it seems to ride very nicely - just have to get used to non-index friction shifters again (been about 30 years since I rode a bike with those on - a Carlton 10 I bought as my first road bike)

Re:

This bike is now for sale if anyone is interested, I rode it a couple of times and found my back can't cope with the riding position (result of a lumbar disc prolapse some years ago :( ) so it's been sat in the shed since, still as it was after restoration.
I have it advertised at £180 but any reasonable offer will be considered. Collection from Mid Wales, about a mile off A44 in postcode area LD8 2**

Little Al":1868b9zh said:
Did you determine if the front of the frame/forks had suffered a "Whoops" at the time of respray?

Nothing that was obvious to me - have a look through the pics on the link in my earlier post, I took quite a few during the rebuild. The only thing I found was a tiny split on the left side of the fork crown, but the actual fork blades look equally aligned and not deformed. There was some of the original gold paint inside the split which would suggest it had been that way since manufacture. Maybe quality control wasn't too hot in those days, I don't know :?

Latest posts

Back