Vintage Peugeot Team Line 1000 Grisley

diggerpitt

Dirt Disciple
I must apologise to the moderators for posting here too!

This is my vintage ride:

I have had this bike for nearly 18 years and not really used it that much as I love road biking.The bike was stored for about 8 years as I recovered from a back injury and only really been used to bomb up the canal.It has full XT,Ritchey and Rockshox Mag21 forks.I would honestly say it is in above average condition.The rear tyre is the original but the sidewall is now giving out.Its just had a service and had a new chain,cassette, gear cables and new rapid fire gear levers also new clarks grips.I changed the original XT thumb shifters for convenience only and still have the originals.What else...everything else is original and the bike is awsome to ride but too good to risk coming off it.Think I'd rather come off a new bike.I love this bike .There are obviously marks,scratches etc but it really hasn't been used.I did use it for a one cylocross race this year.I only used it to try cyclocross but decided not to use it again as it is an old man, all be it a very capable old man.So there she is.Size is 15" from the centre of bottom bracket to centre of top tube and 16" to the top of the seat tube.

There seems to be quite a bit of condensation on the bike in the photos as I had just taken it outside for the photos.(nothing more sinister)

Just looking for a bit of feed back on my bike really.I have posted it in other threads but nobody has responded, never mind perhaps its an old clunk on no ones interested LOL.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• bike 8.jpg
    bike 8.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 7.jpg
    bike 7.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 6.jpg
    bike 6.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 5.jpg
    bike 5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 4.jpg
    bike 4.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 3.jpg
    bike 3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 730
  • bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 730
I do like those Peugeot Grisleys. Not many of them around, so it's great to see a proper survivor.

Moved your thread into the Readers Bikes section.

It'd be good to see some more pictures, especially some more of the frame details.

Thanks for your positive comments.I haven't seen any others and only read old posts on this bike.What sort of detail would you like to see?I'm happy to put up any number of photos. The wheels are the original "Ritchey Vantage Comp" as I omitted to say in my original description.Is there much of an "underground" interest in these bikes?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back