VGA to HDMI cables - tech bods required....

Not a laptop, but when I had a similar problem (old PC with VGA Out, new tv only has HDMI In) I just bought a graphics card and slotted it into the PC, and now have HDMI --> HDMI :D
Being as you have a laptop though I don't know if you could upgrade the graphics? or add a graphics card to it??

kermitgreenkona88":1d0tsofq said:
I have been successfully running a VGA cable to my HD tv for years now with no problems so I would just use the VGA connection personally....

Slight thread hi-jack now, I have realized that I am converting DVI to VGA to achieve this but I have a DVI to HDMI cable around here somewhere, my question is would I get any real advantage from swapping to this cable :?:

Cheers :D

Yes, you get better quality as the signal will stay digital. If your laptop supports it too youll get 1920x1080 full hd. Most tvs vga input will be a much lower resolution. Even the desktop looks fab on my tv via dvi, crappy resolution movie rips play brilliantly vua media center.

jimo746":idlvj2k0 said:
Being as you have a laptop though I don't know if you could upgrade the graphics? or add a graphics card to it??

If one really needed to (which the OP doesn't) you can get USB graphics cards which can work pretty well.

Back