Very Uncomfortable Memory

Taking my manitou 1's off my old bike and putting them onto a new frame, noticing a scratch on the steerer and not thinking anything of it till it snapped first ride out putting me in hospital for a night and fracturing my skull

Current bike building ritual includes a full facer for each first ride....

I just remember that nagging annoying girlfriend that just wouldn't stop nagging while I was trying to get that bastard fat Albert tyre onto the singlespeed rim. I know I shouldn't have hit her with the spade, or at the very least stopped after the tenth hit, but you know how it is. I couldn't leave her there so after making her into smaller more managable chunks I put her in the chest freezer.
I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it. I do feel bad, but at least I say sorry every time I get a pie out.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":g0q0xxn7 said:
I just remember that nagging annoying girlfriend that just wouldn't stop nagging while I was trying to get that bastard fat Albert tyre onto the singlespeed rim. I know I shouldn't have hit her with the spade, or at the very least stopped after the tenth hit, but you know how it is. I couldn't leave her there so after making her into smaller more managable chunks I put her in the chest freezer.
I know, I know, I shouldn't have done it. I do feel bad, but at least I say sorry every time I get a pie out.

Jamie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8otwr7ArmA

Jamiedyer":13nvsc5q said:

Jamie

After reading this yesterday I reported the incident to the British police. Today I've found out that it was just a joke, I'm just not very good at the sarcasm and humor at RB even though I've been a member for quite a while.

Jamie, I'm so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Made me feel VERY uncomfortable...

Dont worry about it mate ;)
I'll just treat the post like my girlfreind and delete and hide it :) :)

Jamie Dexter

velomaniac":erphvdig said:
Just had a recent flashback to a time when as a science student I very nearly blew up a bench top autoclave (industrial grade pressure cooker) which could have injured or even killed people and would definitely have taken out the lab windows and caused a lot of damage. I should have turned the gas off at the required time but actually turned it up by accident and walked away. Thankfully a technician spotted it when the release valve started screaming as pressurised steam started to escape and shut off the gas. I still shudder and perspire at the what if to this day. :shock:

On a scientific note, this reminds me of an episode Dad was involved in, namely being in quite a small instrument room when the atomic absorption spectrometer blew up (the burner used an acetylene/nitrous oxide mix which decided to reach its explosive limit). Due to the way the instrument was built, no serious damage done although Dad's hearing was temporarily affected (thankfully back to normal by the following day).

David

Jamie has an active imagination due to having sod all else to think about on long winter nights on the edge of Scotlands northern most shore. His good lady and kid are alive and well and if he tried any of the violent stuff he mentioned he'd be the one in bits in the freezer or more likely gull food :LOL:

Now thats an amusing thought, I needed that :LOL:

al":28gl6ymz said:
tintin40":28gl6ymz said:
The second wife.

Why? I told you the water would run toward the French doors if you didn't level the patio off properly. ;)

How you doing anyway mate?

al.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm doing great. Living well out side London. Less money but happy. Life is looking brighter.

My life is all cringe worthy :oops: but something that gets me is when my doctor /patient relationship with my doctor broke down and I left the surgery slamming the door, it cracked :oops: my GP came out but I was too cross and walked off with my 2 year old. Before I got home I was stopped by the police and I felt too embarrassed to tell him what happened :roll: I was arrested and spent 8 hours in a cell. Result I was made to pay for the door, I didn't mind that I'd have done that anyway.

Makes my flesh crawl still though.

Alison

Alison":2730lmju said:
My life is all cringe worthy :oops: but something that gets me is when my doctor /patient relationship with my doctor broke down and I left the surgery slamming the door, it cracked :oops: my GP came out but I was too cross and walked off with my 2 year old. Before I got home I was stopped by the police and I felt too embarrassed to tell him what happened :roll: I was arrested and spent 8 hours in a cell. Result I was made to pay for the door, I didn't mind that I'd have done that anyway.

Makes my flesh crawl still though.

Alison

Shouldn't laugh but I did then :LOL: , I've spent a few hours in cells myself :roll: not nice places really.

Back