Velodrome virgin

Jeez that looks steep :shock:
Think you can hire bikes at Newport....a pal has a corporate day there soon, I'll see how he gets on

45deg banking at Calshot, but as hamster says, it's actually more alarming at speed down the bottom because the turns are _really_ tight. Newport has hire bikes, yes. DO IT :)

Calshot

MikeD":2al6aown said:
45deg banking at Calshot, but as hamster says, it's actually more alarming at speed down the bottom because the turns are _really_ tight. Newport has hire bikes, yes. DO IT :)

Oh yes - it is very quick down at the bottom, I started to feel a tad nauseous the first time a rode calshot quickly... your tummy feels like you are going over a hump back bridge again every time you hit the corner (so every 4 seconds), you really get spat of the bend as well. But great fun + they have new bikes this year!

I wear contact lenses to ride, and in the turns at Calshot they occasionally end up round the side of my eyeballs. I'm not making this up :)

Harryburgundy":240pnye5 said:
hamster":240pnye5 said:
Usually they do not like QRs on wheels, but removable ones like pitlocks are generally OK, or better still the Allen Key ones.

Personally I was worried beforehand about riding the banking high up, but when I got onto the track it was ground rush at the bottom of the banking that was most unnerving.

Well...it's more a track :oops: I'm just worried how long I can keep spinning :LOL: 3 laps? :D :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Maind ... _Track.jpg

You could always practise in the car park :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well that was great fun...quite a quiet night with just two groups. Great welcome from the lads at Maindy...joined the slow group which by all accounts was quite fast tonight. One hour on the track at 18/20 mph...I'm pretty knackered.
Back next week :cool:

Back