Various: Shimano, Syncros, White Ind., Brodie, Ritchey ecc..

Re:

I can only recommend NOT to buy from Luca

I bought his "NOS" Syncros crankset. Shipping was quick and flawless.

However, when unpacking a long & deep scratch or even crack showed up on the left crank.

Additionally, signs of installation are visible (where a bottom bracket had been installed, smaller chips etc.) and the finish is not the same as on a real NOS Syncros crankset (looks like it has been treated with a fine sandpaper).

Ok, can happen, but he is not willing to discuss or take responsibility for the faulty products he has sold, is very offensive and even accuses me of trying to cheat him (as it could be any other crank I am taking pictures of... @ Luca - there is a serial number on them as you know, so I can prove it....)

People like him should be banned from the forum.

Attachments

• 20200516_220023.jpg
    20200516_220023.jpg
    795 KB · Views: 796
  • 20200519_115418.jpg
    20200519_115418.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 796
  • 20200519_120001.jpg
    20200519_120001.jpg
    727.4 KB · Views: 796
Re:

Dear German friend, I believe you must learn the meaning of the words "education" and "respect". Before making insinuations and making accusations one has to deal with one's own person.

After this little preamble I would like to say a few things and close this question:

1) I am a serious and competent person and when I do not know some information I am informed by collector friends who are more competent than me on that particular component, I always describe the components well ( on an advertisement I was pointed out that I was wrong and noticed the inconvenience I apologized because it can happen).

2) I always answer all questions from possible buyers.

3) To protect the buyer, I only ship via express courier even though this often (due to higher cost) has precluded some sales from me.

4) I request payment only and when I have a correct and precise quotation for the shipment because I want to be precise on the cost borne by the buyer.

5) Often I have also sent a copy of the table of shipping costs of the Italian Postal service to make it clear that the cost of the express courier service used by me differs from around € 8-12 from that offered by the Italian Post Office spa.

6) I always send photos of how the packaging was made, always done as accurately as possible because the product I sold must be as protected as possible (I have worked for years in logistics and I know perfectly well how packages are handled by drivers , couriers, national and international sorting centers). I have often bought on Retrobike and other channels and the photos of the packaging are sent by very few sellers.

7) I immediately sent the tracking number of the shipment so that the buyer can monitor his shipment at any time (this is not done by all sellers).

8.) To some (also considering the period of global crisis) I also proposed the payment in several installments or with a small advance to option the component. This is because they wanted the item a lot but couldn't pay it all immediately (even this option I think is not proposed by many sellers).

9) Viewing the product from the photo and description, your only concern was asking me to give you the small black rear support which is an integral part of the crankset. If one sells a crankset it obviously sells it complete because without that component the crankset would have been unusable and I would have had to write it of the description (so your question made little sense).

10) The crankset had no crack, the cracks on the aluminum are created only if the piece has been assembled and tightened therefore subject to stress, an aluminum piece stopped on the shelf does not crack by itself. I don't understand how you can't even understand if it is a crack or a scratch, I worked 10 years in Metalworking companies and I can tell you that the crankset that I sold you had no crack but also those who have very little experience in the mechanical field would understand the difference between crack and scratch. The scratch seen in the photo was not present when it was sold and I would not like it to have been done accidentally when the crankset was unpacked as it had been packed very carefully and therefore care had to be taken to unpack it.

11) I repeat the Crankset was new never used (as you can see in the photos, as were the three Real crowns sold separately) at the beginning of the sales publication I only manually put the crankset on my Yeti FRO (attention - without make the menagerie) because a buyer wanted to see how it looked on a Yeti.

12) The crankset has not been polished with abrasive paper (only a madman and an inexperienced could do it) but only with liquid wax for the automotive sector, because the components sold by me are all given clean and shiny (and they are already in the process of being photos for sale announcement).

13) I put myself on your same level and I also put some photos (the ones I have left) to make me understand what I mean. 13) On advising to deal or not deal with a seller or buyer, unlike you I do not make judgments towards you or others because I am an educated person, I can only say who knew me personally, by email, by phone, from 'Italy, France, England, Germany, Holland, Finland, USA, Australia, Switzerland and so on. Knows what I am selling, knows who I am, knows what I say.

14) At the time of the publication of my first sale announcement on Retrobike, payment could only be made by bank transfer (for greater security of both parties), then to facilitate the buyers I accepted Paypal. You blocked payment with Paypal, I wanted to tell you that however the matter goes, me and my family do not get richer or poorer if we are not paid € 130 and without the Crank, and that the time I have already wasted answering on Retrobike, on PayPal and cc is worth much more than that amount.

With education I greet you.

Luca.

....... I apologize for my bad english......

Attachments

• 1C88B866-442C-436C-A74D-EF92E7A1B326.png
    1C88B866-442C-436C-A74D-EF92E7A1B326.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 762
  • 5EDFFA57-E302-4642-89B2-FE8401F3A731.png
    5EDFFA57-E302-4642-89B2-FE8401F3A731.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 762
  • F5A2A85E-1229-4C29-BD27-4716586866A4.png
    F5A2A85E-1229-4C29-BD27-4716586866A4.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 761
  • EDF4E47F-999B-4F0D-9FC0-83658EB6F262.png
    EDF4E47F-999B-4F0D-9FC0-83658EB6F262.png