URGENT - kids bike needed!!!

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
OK, quick story! A friend of mine who has 5 kids found out last year that he is expecting twins which were not planned!! Wow, you can imagine that funds are a bit tight...

Anyway, I was chatting to him and he said it was his eldest sons (8 years old) birthday on the 14th of this month and he wants a new bike as he has grown out of his current one. My friend says he was just about to order the £50 one from Argos for him :shock: :shock: :shock: £50 is all he can afford.

As you can imagine I stepped in pretty quickly and said his lad should get something better. If he gets a quality bike then it can be passed down to the younger kids and be much better value.

SO I need a 20" wheel kids mountain bike suitable for an 8yr old lad. I am watching a few on ebay but if there is anyone that can help please let me know. I am going to put £50 of my own money in there too to get something decent.

New is best but 2nd hand is perfectly fine - I can replace cables and grips etc from my spares box but I need something relatively new looking as what kid wants a tatty looking bike for his birthday? It'll be a great investment for the future.

So post here please if you have anything you can help me with or see anything for sale OR you have any experience in buying such bikes and can give some advice.

Remember I need this bike in the next week or so!

Thanks all!

Latest posts

Back