Up again: Swap: 1991 Bontrager OR & Comp Fork

caemis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
I have decided to take more time to consider what I really want - so the swap is up again and I have something like a plan.

What you get:
1991 Bontrager OR with black Bontrager Comp Fork and some small bits, as Bontrager stem, bar, brake studs, seatclamp, ...
Frame size is 20"/52cm (C-T) with 22,5" TT; 1" HT and 26,8mm ST

The frame has a missing eyelet of the bottleholder at the seattube and some rests of aluminium powder in the inside of the seattube from a stocked seatpost. Besides that, the frame is in overall good condition, used with some paint issues esp. at the the headtube, but no dents or dings and straight as an arrow...
The fork is in used but quite nice condition without any issues at all.

Pictures of the frame and the bike you can find here: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/s/79364

What I like to have:

- 1 1/8 Headtube
- sus compatible
- 17"-19" (c-t) framesize

- today we would say: "trail" orientated but with good uphill qualities
And of course I wouldn't mind to swap the frame for another, smaller, Bontrager frame with 1" HT...

From the 90s:
- Rocky Mountain Blizzard
- DeKerf
- Brodie

From the 2000s till today:
- DeKerf
- EWR OWB
- Cotic Soul or Simple
-

Parts:
- Bullseye crank
- CQP Steel Crank
Both in 175mm to 181mm length in technical good condition

- The swap is open for frame only or frame sets in different ways as well with a small money option from my side

- sale price (for orientation or if someone really want to buy and has nothing to swap is NEW 325GBP incl. worldwide shipping)

Thanks for looking...
Marco

PS: I am located in Germany

Re:

Have you got any pictures?

What length is the headtube?

Maybe interested in buying it

Re: Swap: 1991 Bontrager OR & Comp Fork

hi, pictures and headtube length will follow. But no sale just swap!

Have 17" 91' Specialized stumpjumper, single speed converted frame, includes rigid direct drive fork, specialized stem, bars & headset, repainted white with GilM repro red decals, immaculate and not build up since.

@Mike Muz 67: Thats a pity!
@Yetinut: Thanks for the offer, but I like to go some years ahead of the early 90s...

Re:

The one I had was the same size. Fantastic to ride, but just too small.

I need the xl, with 131mm headtube

Glws

Yeah, it is indeed a fantastic ride - but same here, wrong size, wrong bike :-(. So, come on folks, thats a nice piece up for swap!
More offers are welcome! ;-)

Re:

Ah ok, also got 98' S-works M2 frame in 17", immaculate, bit newer and 1 1/8" suspension correct geometry.

Back