Unofficial Pub bike build threads - anything goes!

I have to add that this bike came with Deore thumbies and Spinner cromo forks when I found it last year - drive train was worn out so parted it out for bitch money.

I shall make amends.

mikee":1j3w2qn2 said:
lgf
pub bike
is this a step down or on par with "spares box build"?

Well, it starts as a 'spares box' build and slowly migrates up the ladder to 'pub' edition, then as the project and Autosol takes hold, it ends up as a bloody full blown build...

chrisv40":1j3w2qn2 said:
Is it built yet Mark?

Non.

Awaiting some wheels and further inspiration.

legrandefromage":1d77lsyv said:
mikee":1d77lsyv said:
lgf
pub bike
is this a step down or on par with "spares box build"?

Well, it starts as a 'spares box' build and slowly migrates up the ladder to 'pub' edition, then as the project and Autosol takes hold, it ends up as a bloody full blown buld

hmm not what i expected

will add to this thread "in the future "

based on cheeses format ,this is my most recent "pub bike" build

P1030949.jpg

however if i went to the pub on a bike (un-likely) some fool would nick it
or try to wreck it
it is a cheap build tho ,like most of my fave bikes
some more pub bikes
13-3-05209.jpg

P1020762.jpg

and many more

Since Ive been on Retrobikes, I can't afford the luxary of going to the pub, only this :cry: .........

Attachments

• 151670.jpg
    151670.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 742
I'm going to take this as probably the best opportunity to post this bike on here and get away with it. It's a Saracen summat-or-other, £8 from the car boot sale for the initial lump, it was a nice metalic green but very rusty. And the spec.....well yes it does have a spare canti hanger and Tektro v-brakes, the rest of it just sort of happened.

If I ever went to a pub then this would be the one, but I originally built it for canal towpath use about 4 years ago.

Attachments

• Canal Single Speed.JPG
    Canal Single Speed.JPG
    224.2 KB · Views: 713
Back