Unknown Ritchey?-mostly with '92 P-23 parts

Re: Re:

Gaddmeister":1n5zkcew said:
Stems wrong for 92. A head stems did not appear for a couple of years after. Looks like some sort of replica. Too clean for original paint. Maybe someone has seen the dropouts and thought it to be a Ritchey. How it's ended up in a jumble I hate to guess. Anyways glwts!
My 93 GT RTS came with an ahead stem, just saying as a 92 aheadstem isn't out of the question.

It could also be original paint if the tyre/rim/saddle and crank wear are an indicator of how much use it has had.

Looks like a nice bike, good luck with the sale.

Hi mates,

Thanks for the info. I have NOT stated it is a Ritchey bike, nor do I do it now, I'd like to emphasise it!

The rear dropouts are Ritchey branded, and I could not find any serial number on it. Frame size is 45 cm seattube c-c, 56 cm top tube c-c.

It's frame looks partly similar to some models from their lineup. Also the parts (note Shimano 600/Ultegra front hub) are kind of similar to some Ritchey bikes described here:

https://ritchey.vintagebicycledatabase. ... 992_02.jpg

As it is known that apart from the "stock' models, you could order "tailor-made' frames from them in the early '90s, so it might be a one-off example. Ritchey or not, it is a nice bike and was used only for low miles judging from the overall condition of the bike.

Cheers,
Endre

Back