Unique SBDU bike....maybe?

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Its not the stays or the tubing that are in question - its whether it was actually built for a 3spd and at the moment it does look like it was

Is it my imagination or are there connections on both sides of that rear hub?.

With a set of drops and bar end shifters, this bike, with hub gears, mudguards and a single front ring with bashguard would make a superbly dependable and lightweight winter trainer!.

I wonder who it originally belonged to?

Looks legit - just like Alan Oakley old frame, also without a number. I asked the seller to consider stripping it down to the frame, as the other bits are an unnecessary distraction.

Seems a shame to strip it down, there's some nice (probably original) kit on it and if it was built to be used with a 5 speed SA hub (as seems the case from the lack of derailleur hanger on the rear dropout) then surely it'd be appropriate to hold on to the one that's in it already?.

Back