Tyres with a bit of grip.........................

I didn't "not like them" just found them too fussy on set up. 26 psi was good. 24 was terrible. 28 was scary.

The schwalbes i can run anywhere from 20 to 30 and the difference in performance is a nice gradual change. There's no sudden step if you see what i mean.

Re:

Yeah, the Race Kings are 'bouncy' with higher pressures in, particularly the fatter 2.2s with their huge deep carcass. The 2.0s have a lower profile giving a firmer ride with much less bounce.

Dunno, I just run 30 and thats about it, don't run more or less, they're just perfect for me.

the rocket rons, 28 or 30 was he same, didn't like it, but anything less than 28 and they were all squirmy which I liked even less.

Re:

Paneracer fire xc pro 2.1 havn't used anythin else off road since getting back into biking a few years back, but no complaints even on wet roots bad mud etc

Kyle

Re: Re:

kyle888":2fv8ey00 said:
Paneracer fire xc pro 2.1 havn't used anythin else off road since getting back into biking a few years back, but no complaints even on wet roots bad mud etc

Kyle

+1 for theses

well i'm just waiting on some2.1 splasbacks to arrive which i've never used before as i've always bought whats affordable for me and i probably couldn't give any decent feed back due to only just getting ready to actually ride again after 27 years away from off road riding but what i can say is that comparing tyres and psi pressure isn't of much use to any one unless they are of similar weights and ride the same type of terrain plus you need to consider riding styles regards tyre handling as some will be more aggressive riders and others a bit more cautious because of our attitudes towards risk of injury or just being all out natural racers but any how i'm pretty pleased to see a nice mix of opinions on here as it makes you more aware of the tyre choices available and what you just might find more suitable for your needs ..

Back