TVT 92 frames, again!

Robin77

Retro Newbie
Good morning! I *have* searched the forum but did not find the answer i am looking for.
I have a recent fascination with buying a TVT frame. The one i am considering is the HR version with the one-piece or lug less headtube.

My bike question is how much of a problem is adhesive failure between the lugs and the carbon tubes? All the critics say it is a big gamble as to whether the frame will hold together after 30 years. Also included are horror stories of the Alan carbon frames failing as well.

The guy is asking €600 and that is a bit of a risk to end up with a piece of wall art.
The number on the BB is 130591020. is the “91” the year of the frame? Frame looks original, not a repaint, which i prefer, warts and all. Pic is attached.

Thanks for weighing in your opinions!
Best,
Robin (she/her)
USA E365B7EB-744F-49DB-8599-8641F7DE55AD.jpeg

I’d agree with Nob, a quick look at eBay completed sales suggests closer to $400. If it were an HM frame it would be closer to 600

I’d agree with Nob, a quick look at eBay completed sales suggests closer to $400. If it were an HM frame it would be closer to 600
ok, thanks guys! i could make an offer. should i be concerned about adhesive failure at the lugs? is it common on these carbon frames?

Back