Tubeset nerds - explain Ritchey Logic Super Tubing

No, if it does not say Prestige under it it is not prestige, but some seamless Tange OS MTB tubing of some sort. It could be any of them.

But the 1990 Hammer is just Tange Cro-Mo that's all it says, the Ritchey Logic sticker shouldn't be there. It's had a respray and restickered. It may well have been rocky or similar doing it. There are a few mentions of people having it redone.
I know we (our group of friends bitd) used to have bikes resprayed when they got battered and you just got the decals.

Myself and RockiMtn have the Prestige version on our 1991 bikes (Altitudes), 1992 Altitude moved away completely but brought in the maple design, it's a rocky made sticker.

It so hard to go from stickers though as the 1991 Hammer here has a maple sticker (and the correct tubing) but looks loke a respray http://forums.mtbr.com/rocky-mountain/r ... 34620.html

91 Altitude
P1020002.JPG

To top it all off Rocky where never the most consistent through a year;-)

FluffyChicken":2lromwc2 said:
No, if it does not say Prestige under it it is not prestige, but some seamless Tange OS MTB tubing of some sort. It could be any of them.

As an example, my GT Karakoram Elite's have a similar shaped ovalised seat tube and they are made of Tange MTB Seamless Double-Butted tubing. I'm not sure I have decent picture's in either thread though. I should have a picture of the blue Tange tubing label for it somewhere though.

FluffyChicken":2bcovcef said:
But the 1990 Hammer is just Tange Cro-Mo that's all it says, the Ritchey Logic sticker shouldn't be there. It's had a respray and restickered. It may well have been rocky or similar doing it. There are a few mentions of people having it redone.
I know we (our group of friends bitd) used to have bikes resprayed when they got battered and you just got the decals.

To top it all off Rocky where never the most consistent through a year;-)

Yes, it would be nice if I could contact RM and get some information, but I seem to remember people trying this before and being told the old records don't exist any more. Not that "315" seems like much to go by.

The bike's previous owner was the original owner, but unfortunately I have no contact information for him. He brought the bike to my shop as a donation - he was going to scrap it if we didn't want it!

EDIT: I just looked at the catalog scan included in the post about the 1991 you linked to, the fork (listed just as purple in the catalog) is the same colour as my whole bike. Also, the catalog specs the low profile M650 cantis, but it looks like the bike in the picture is wearing MT60 wide profiles. My frame definitely has the 1990 shape (no dropped TT). The plot thickens...

Latest posts

Back