Try to find info of this frame ???

Bart_75

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Today i was gonna pick up a Specialized Hardrock i found on the net for my wife because she also wants a retro so i found it for her ....
The guys who sold me the Specialized Hardrock said he had another frame that's was eating dust in his garage and was ages there so he said if you like it you get it for free because else he was gonna throwing it away, so i took it.
First moment i see that frame i was in love with it, i really like the frame and also the paintwork. It's a steel one and very heavy to but that doesn't matter to me because i really like it.
First moment i was home i wanted to know more info of this frame, on the frame it says that it is a "American Mariner" and the top it's says "American Comp". There's also a little decal it says that it is from Regina Cycles. But nothing of info found on the net of this frame.
I was hoping to find here some more info if you guys maby know something of this frame. Here some pics i took. Anyway, i'm gonna build this one up, like i said before...really really like it.
Sorry for my bad English... :oops:

The colour is one of them kids pictures where you colour big bands of crayon on the paper, then use black poster paint over all of it and then draw and scrape it to make the picture :D

Build it for fun if you want too. Value wise there isn't one as I suspect it would have been a mass produced cheap end bike shaped object

i also suspect it is a cheap and low quality bike ..but what the heck ...i'm gonna build it up anyway because i really like the frame.
Googled already 50 times to find anything about this thing but nothing found .
Well i'm gonna enjoy this anyway :)

Bart_75":be8rmaie said:
i also suspect it is a cheap and low quality bike ..but what the heck ...i'm gonna build it up anyway because i really like the frame.
Googled already 50 times to find anything about this thing but nothing found .
Well i'm gonna enjoy this anyway :)

Looks great, whatever it is, clean it up, dress it up and then enjoy it :) high end it may not be, but once you've put your mark on it it's personal value to yourself is all that matters :)

Welds do look very low end Raleigh and the label does suggest French BSO. I suspect the only thing American about it is the name because of the USA's obvious connection with mtb creation its probably just a marketing ploy.
Build it up and ride it as a tough old pub bike, the paintscheme alone is worth it :D

Back