Trek Y33 Lives on

Very cool looking bike, just lose those road tires :(
Find some fast rolling mtb tires and stick to it.

That Reba is wonderful, just the thing I need on my ride.

Good luck with future upgrades,

Darko

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zwv02cyva8nt ... WrKFzEda#/
(I'm new to the forum, I didn't figure out how to upload pictures)

Some pictures. The paint is a bite rough... I'm not planning on respraying the frame, it has a certain patina on it. The black spot are just dirt. I'm cleaning the frame next week.
What type of rear shock have you used? I don't really know what the length should be (I was thinking 20cm).

I have some Magura hs33 brakes laying around. It will be a fun summer project!

Re:

Looks like it will clean up just fine.
There should be a link to upload pics in FULL EDITOR mode of this forum, 512k max size though.
Rear shox needs to be 165mm mount centre to mount centre. Don't go any longer as it will make the steering angle to steep. Mine had a 190mm fitted when I bought it handling was just awful, had a couple of over the bars moments! I'm using a Rockshox MC3R which has a remote lockout which can be useful for climbing hills. You could use all kinds of shox really just try and matchup bolt size to existing frame.
Check that the little alloy shock frame mount isn't loose. They're bonded to the carbon frame and can loosen over time. It was an issue with some early frames. Owners could get a new frame under warranty in theory original owners still can as there's a life time warranty in these frames. Rear frame (URT) pivot bush can also seize but this can be knocked out and re-lubed. Be careful though the actual bush is fairly soft metal and easily damaged.
Good luck :)

Re:

Oke! Tnx for the info! I'll post the progress of the rebuild on a new topic...

Do you still ride your awesome y33?

Re:

Alright! Awesome to see your flickr stream... There is a lot of nice stuff on it! You're the same kind of bicycle lover as me :D

Re:

It's done...

boqh7yi.jpg

Awesome bicycle ;)

Back