Trek Multitrack in SO

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
True Temper OX. If it was local I think I'd get it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I won this with a £25 bid. Literally 2 mins away from me. Was the True Temper OX a high quality tube set? Just wondering if it’s worth spending a few quid on as it needs a respray.

Nice score! Paint looks fine in the pics? I would leave paint as is and just ride it.

True Temper OX was a top of the range tubeset. Trek, Diamond Back, GT and a few others used it on their best steel bikes.

The pics flatter it a bit. There are two large patches of exposed metal with rust. The rest of the paint has a nice patina to it but there are a lot of rubbed areas.

it rides pretty nicely and seems to fit me despite being a bit big on paper. I’d like to stick some better kit on it and covert to drops as I need a touring bike. I’m thinking 3 x 8 shimano mtb stuff.

I won this with a £25 bid. Literally 2 mins away from me. Was the True Temper OX a high quality tube set? Just wondering if it’s worth spending a few quid on as it needs a respray.
If it were me, I'd give it a good clean, perhaps a light T-Cut, and treat and touch up the exposed metal. Then, I would start riding it to see whether it's going to get much use.

The bike is not going to have much of a monetary value even with a respray; these hybrids have never commanded high prices. However, I think the rise of gravel bikes is leading some people to look at them with fresh eyes and these 1990s' steel-framed hybrids can be very good, multi-purpose bikes to ride. It will be its value as a usable bike for you that determines whether it's worth spending a few quid on a respray at some point. In the meantime, you might find some inspiration in this thread: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/show-us-your-700c-atb-mtb-hybrid.459355/.

Agree 100% patina is good, just make sure the exposed areas are touched up. Will be really nice with drops etc.

Latest posts

Back