Trek EX8 2010

Maverick16

Retro Newbie
Putting this on here to gauge interest. I am looking at a new bike to undertake some Enduro events but would have to, with tear in my eye, sell my pride and joy to make it happen.

I will post more pictures this evening.

Trek EX8 2010

Size: Virtual 18.5 Actual 17.5

(I'm 5'11" and fits perfect if that helps?)

This is possibly one of the best spec and condition 26er Trek EX8's out there.

I have owned this bike new from Evans Cycles since 2010 and have loved owning and riding it.

After the bearings in the linkages seized as a result of somebody else pressure washing it at a trail centre I stripped this bike down to replace the bearings. I then thought as it was stripped I may as well repaint it.....

Frame and fork were totally stripped of all original paint back down to bare aluminium/magnesium.

All frame elements professionally crack checked and successfully passed.

Fork legs, crown and stem powder coated satin black

All frame elements and rocker powder coated gloss red. There is a tiny dent on the top tube where I dropped a multi tool but its very small and barely noticeable.

Meticulously rebuilt with only new parts.

Forks rebuilt with genuine fox oil and seals.

Rear shock is not the original as it leaked but one sourced from a 2 year newer bike. Confirmation sought from Trek UK that the newer shock was identical in fit and function. (Email available if required).

All new frame bearings repacked with high quality waterproof grease.

Hope lock on grips
Hope E2 headset
Hope press fit bottom bracket
Hope skewers
Hope seat clamp
Hope X2 brakes 180mm front & 160mm rear.
Hope XC hubs on Mavic 317 rims.
Rocket Ron tyres.
Shimano M8000 XT 1x11 groupset with 34T Hope retainer ring.
Carbon headset spacers.
Titanium bolts.
Wheels trued at LBS.

Decals commissioned to fit the frame. These are cut vinyl which have then been helicopter taped over.

Please note that this bike will be supplied without pedals.

It has done limited miles on local trails and a trip to Cannock since the rebuild.

Questions welcomed.

Collection only from Milton Keynes immediately or Doncaster if willing to wait a week or two.

Looking for £1250 ovno

Cash on collection preferred.

Thanks

Attachments

• Trek EX8 2010.jpg
    Trek EX8 2010.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 372
Back