Tracking Devices

Re:

Indeed, we used to remove anything that might attract magpies and wrap with tape, etc. but the technology is getting affordable now to use a tracker, and why not? I will feedback to the site once I know how well they work.

Re: Re:

AlexRiber":1dljnjs5 said:
I prefer smearing my bike with dirt to make it less fetching :p
I had a friend BITD, who would spray all of his bikes flat black everywhere-wheels, cranks, bars, frame. When I first met him, I was walking into a small market, and walked by this apparent POS bike against the wall, when I thought-wait, those are Campy Cranks and brakes under that paint-so I looked closer and met Mike, who owned that particular full campy Raleigh Professional. He also did the same to his first gen Ritchey. Hiding in plain sight... :)

Re:

Shame people need to disguise and distress their bikes and nice kit to put off thieving toe rags. Sometimes I disable a brake or set the gear shifter to drop on to the smallest cog for a nice surprise in case the lock is somehow broken through.

Have just seen this https://store.thetrackr.com/pixel/? seems neat and cheap – the marketing is well cheesie though...

Re:

Been testing this unit, Pod 3, and so far very impressed. Even from within a seat tube it manages to send location signals back. If there was a way to disable the lights that would be good, but A bit of black tape would sort that out. We stuck a bit of pipe insulation into the tube below it and above it. There are other devices with solar charging which would be great, if you could disguise the solar charging in the top of a lamp or something.

So far these are the only ones that seem small enough to fit inside a frame itself.

I reckon the unsuspecting thief would be riding this around or selling it on, and by the time the battery died, which can be days, you would have your bike back.

Bargain at £119 and less than £4 a month for the cellular connection.

Comes with a second battery and USB charger. Neat.

Order-Pod.png

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/pod-3

Back