Toxik Harald 2016

Roy bring that camo Toad and I am in. On the schedule. Think I will bring some early bikes. A couple of Ritchey's, A Potts, and the Champion (closest thing I have to a cruiser).

Logistics questions:

Parking?
Bike Security?
Address (I can probably find this online)?
What time will that Toad, I mean you be there? I tend to be early to things, unless I get hung up at the border for smuggling old bikes into Canada.
How long does the event last?
Do you do the cruise? Is there a safe place to leave three bikes if I do?
Where do I find all that fine Canadian steel to take home while I am visiting my neighbors to the North?
Will the weather be dry?

Ductape":gpuoj0xy said:
Where do I find all that fine Canadian steel to take home while I am visiting my neighbors to the North?

You mean the grossly under-priced and somewhat collectible 'barn find' steel that just happens to be laden with numerous rare and highly desirable bits and bling from backintheday ... ??

Roy finds em all first. Him, or CoquitlamGeoff. ;)

k-rod":16lrlgdp said:
Ductape":16lrlgdp said:

You mean the grossly under-priced and somewhat collectible 'barn find' steel that just happens to be laden with numerous rare and highly desirable bits and bling from backintheday ... ??

Roy finds em all first. Him, or CoquitlamGeoff. ;)

I know that feeling, by the time I see them for sale down here, they are already in Lawrence's garage.

Ductape":wuq5fpwb said:
Roy bring that camo Toad and I am in. On the schedule. Think I will bring some early bikes. A couple of Ritchey's, A Potts, and the Champion (closest thing I have to a cruiser).

Logistics questions:

Parking?
Bike Security?
Address (I can probably find this online)?
What time will that Toad, I mean you be there? I tend to be early to things, unless I get hung up at the border for smuggling old bikes into Canada.
How long does the event last?
Do you do the cruise? Is there a safe place to leave three bikes if I do?
Will the weather be dry?

It's time folks. this weekend. Be there or be square as they say. :D
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/bik/5551229461.html

Hi Ductape
Lots of parking around the area. Security is good. We have never had anything stolen. I don't participate in the ride.
I stay behind and watch over the bikes. Event official start is 10:00am. I will be there probably about 8 to 8:30.
Have to confirm with harald. Yes the toad will be there for you to ride. I like to get set up before the rush.
Weather I'm afraid is out of my hands. Forecast is promising though. Sunny and 22 degrees.
Hope to see you there.
Roy

Re:

Giving this one a bump - hoping to see some new posts in the next few hours :)

Re:

Hey thanks Adrian
Just loading up the truck to head off right now.
Update probably won't be till tomorrow.
I have a long day ahead. But a fun day. ;)

I only remembered this at 11.30am this morning but it was good to see some cool people and bikes. I'll post one or two photos up when I get chance.

In the meantime, does anyone have a photo of the blue Ritchey with the yellow tires and grips? I'm not a violent man, but I could quite possibly kill someone to get my hands on that ha ha! Such a rad bike. It was in the shade when I looked at it though.

walleater":2ryfmjic said:
I only remembered this at 11.30am this morning but it was good to see some cool people and bikes. I'll post one or two photos up when I get chance.

In the meantime, does anyone have a photo of the blue Ritchey with the yellow tires and grips? I'm not a violent man, but I could quite possibly kill someone to get my hands on that ha ha! Such a rad bike. It was in the shade when I looked at it though.

I should probably update this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=332374

Re:

I was so busy back in may. Then I forgot all about it, but here it is. Can you say better late that never?

Well that's another year's show in the books. Considering we had a number of people bow out this year
we had a decent turn out. Greatly missed was Jimbotoad. But some new faces filled the ranks. Dilibike came over from Vancouver Island.
But the long distance award goes to Ductape who made the 3 plus hour trek up from south Seattle.

It was a pleasure sharing the day and a brew with you. Not to mention the bikes you brought!!!!
Absolutely amazing. All under appreciated by most of our crowd I think. The Ritchey Competition is even
more stunning in person than the pictures I've drooled over this past year. And I'm not really a Ritchey guy.
Hoping Ductape will become a regular at our event (weather permitting that is) possibly drag
GearlessinSeattle with him next time. I think a good time was had by all.

I'd also like to give extra thanks to BC and Chickenball for bringing multiple bikes. We needed them.
Honorable mention to k-rod for putting in an appearance only days after kidney stone surgery and
for bringing his bike along too!!! Now that's heart. I trust you are in olympic condition by now.

We celebrated 30 years of Brodie bikes in style.

Next year we will be showcasing Rocky Mountain. Everyone has been stepping up their game.
The quality of the builds keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see what everyone does next year.
What special Rocky do you have hiding in a closet or waiting to be found in the coming year.

Here are the pictures I took. will come in batches over next few days as I have time.
Please no comments about how sh*tty they are either. It's a known fact I can't work a camera.
but they will get the point across none the less. Anyone else who was there taking pictures
feel free to add them.
Once again thanks everyone.

p.s. Be on the lookout for Paul's book on the history of Brodie bikes
to be out soon.................i hope. :D

Attachments

• Toxic Harald 2016 008.JPG
    Toxic Harald 2016 008.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Toxic Harald 2016 007.JPG
    Toxic Harald 2016 007.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Toxic Harald 2016 006.JPG