Tour of Dunfermlines "hot spots" - Sunday 25th Sep

Thrunton is also on offer (As I have the parents visiting next sunday :) I'll look at getting them up on Saturday though.)

WRITE UP ADDED

well finally got round to the write up.

Weather looked good for our 9am ish start to allow our Edinburgh brethren to get over the Forth. Mikee, ZZ and Velo arrived, tea and bacon rolls dully served up whilst waiting on Rob who duly arrived late.

Bikes well i hvna a clue what Velo was riding but ZZ had a fat chance sumthin or other, Rob had a Kona and Mikee had his GT LTS DH just to tease me again.

Off we went, bit or urban escapism first off to get from East to West Dunfermline. Then onto a long wet, muddy and slightly inclined section of single track out to Deans. This was an absolute slog espec with Mikee "not feeling well" :(

After 1/2 hour or so Deans plantation was reached straight into a nice bit of downhill trail, muddy and slippery but with no major disasters. Next up a steep section of single track into the gorge and then tough trails with regular pushing interludes along the low point of the plantation.

Next the best bit of single track wround. Sweeping and smooth twisting through the trees for about 600m or so. which gave ZZ or "the pap" as he's now known to get some pics. This section is one of my favourites, just needed to be anotehr 1/2k longer.

Onto the cycleway now heading further west, with us gentlement offering to assist a damsel in distress only to get a knock back. Not the first time gents eh! :cry:

Now we are at Millenium forest for some exploring. On Velos suggestion we decided to split up on varisou sections to find the best. Bit of a bad move as mine led 20m into the woods to a tree house being built. Time to find the rest of the lads.

Bit more exploring of INzivar forest now with Mikee leading the way like he was hunting for Inca gold in the Amazon. We lost track of him a few times. At one point Velo, who had went his own trial blazing way, appeared through the trees like some Yeti like apparition wearing some dodgy cylcing fashion wear! :D

Anyway, now our exploration was done and time to head back to Deans for the most muddy part of the ride. First off of course we had to do some exploring led by the every resourceful Mikee we traveresed the midlle of the forest only to have to push up the mudbath like downhill section and then to much ammusement cycle it back down. Still no major issues or falls but Robs Kona thingymabob started to develop some rear gear probs i.e. he didnt have any!

We now reached the bottom of deans, into more mud, at which point ZZ decided he needed some facial treatement and decided to have a splash in said mud. Nice one mate.

Now thankfully Mikee decided to let me have a shot of his LTS, which as he likes to share "i literally fell in love with".

Next up the river crossing on the narrow wooden bridge, us chickens pushed but Rob decided we were all girls so had to have a shot at riding it. However Mikee freshly chopped down a tree stump and decided it would be a grand idea to roll it down the hill to meet Rob much to everyones amusement.

Alas our time was up and all that remained was the slog back to my humble abode for more bacon rolls and tea where my rear tube rpomptly punctured itself - good timing or what. Nice work on cleaning the bike BTW Rob.

Found the cause of puncture - remains of a thorn buriied thru the tyre.

Grand day out chaps, sorry for the long winded tale.

PS keep an eye out for a GT LTS DH in large (built preferably) - need to get me one of them puppies!

Onto the cycleway now heading further west, with us gentlement offering to assist a damsel in distress only to get a knock back. Not the first time gents eh!

i think i heard rob mutter the word LESBIAN as we left
might be wrong tho

I suggest not riding this Sunday at Pitmedden or anywhere in East Coast Scotland as the forecasts Heavy Rain :roll:

Back