Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Well what a fantastic day for some riding! :cool:

Initially it was a bit fresh riding to the start point, but it soon warmed up. Had the first mechanical actually before the start of the ride, does that count?

:facepalm:

Anyway, once there, I saw a very contemplating Godders looking out to sea, sat on the beach. Or maybe he was oggling the talent! :LOL: Along came Johnboy on his lovely 853 toobed boike. Then Dorset Boy turned up, followed shortly by a couple of Klein shod bikers, thesneaker, along with a mate of his, Dave. (I think, sorry :oops: Old memory on the blink! ).

The bringing up the rear, and what a rear, :LOL: Kampos and Dan, - man with a van - and a Titus f/s bike.
So we set off on our quest for the holy cake slice. Deciding early on to miss out Carats cafe. Full car park + slow service = salivating cyclists! Instead, we decided to head off up the Downs Link - cough, mechanical :facepalm: - to Steyning, and some proper sustenance at the tea rooms.

Some smart bikes out today!

A couple of Kleins, a lovely ti Kona, courtesy of Kampos, and Godders'sss 'Dale too,

Pictured alongside Dorset Boy's skip find bike. What was it again? :oops: :oops:

Proper service, good food and pleasant surroundings, good call I reckon!

Then off we trundled, fully-fuelled, back down the way we had came, to Shoreham. A couple of the lads decided to head straight back home at this point, having some , ahem, Klein business to attend to, while the rest of us went back down to Carats, where by this time, it was a bit quieter.

Kampos and Dan had decided to get some food and drink, and once consumed, we carried on.
As it turned out, they cut off at Hove Lagoon to get back to the van, while Johnboy, Godders, DB and I continued back into deepest Hove. The relief from John's voice when he saw his car again was palpable. Whatever that means :?
Then there were three. Pressing on into the massive headwind, or breeze really, through the sight for sore eyes that Brighton is, past the Land Rover London to Brighton show that was Madeira Drive, and on into Rottingdean at last, Mick, Mike and er, me made our final pit stop at a cafe on the undercliff.

After which, the two fine specimens pictured above headed north, up and over Falmer, while I went back towards Brighton. Fuelled on flapjack {You were right John! ;) ) I blasted all the way home on the road.
And yes Mick , I did catch that roadie, before Roedean and out of sight before Black Rock! Cool! :LOL:

Hope y'all enjoyed it folks, good to catch up with some, and meet other new faces too ;)

Off-road ride beckons . . .

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=333614

Mike

Now, where did I put that Araldite? :facepalm:

Re:

The relief from John's voice when he saw his car again was palpable. Whatever that means :?
I told you I carry an emergency flapjack supply in there!

Thanks for organising the ride Mike, very enjoyable and the weather couldn't have been better, although I don't think you had anything to do with that, or am I underestimating your powers?

If I have any criticism it's that I was disappointed with the general fitness levels in the rest of the group.........far to high for my liking :D

Re:

Great ride out Mike, thanks for the organising :cool: weather couldn't have been better I don't think :) good to meet some new faces as well !
Jhonboy, who it turns out lives just a few miles from me ! Dorset boy on his very smart skip find Saracen :cool: Kampos's mate on the Titus...sorry cant remember your name :oops: and the Sneakers mate Dave ? Who said we had met once before on a retro ride at Thetford Forest !! Well done for remembering that one...must have been at least four or more years back !! I got to Hove a bit early so had a relaxing rest on the beach, probably would have tryied to catch a few more rays if it hadn't been quite so fresh ;) Once we had all arrived we had a good steady ride up to the first tea and cake stop, great choise there Mike :D very nice cake and coffee and probably quicker to ride up there than to try and get served at Carrats !! :facepalm: then back to Shoreham and along the sea front to rottingdean where we had our last tea and Coffee stop, as we were waiting at the traffic lights on the coast road a Roadie in full team kit made the mistake of coming past and that was it Mike was off ! Talk about red rag to a bull :D so Dorset boy and I took the road back over the downs to Falmer where we parted company and I carried on up through the back of Stanmer woods to ditchling beacon and then home to Haywards Heath, clocked just over 60 miles for the day so I think any calories consumed had been burnt of well before getting home ! ;)

Mick :)

Re:

Notes to self for future T de' C:
1. Try and take a single bloody pic :oops:
2. Bring proper tyres to avoid snakebites ; and making the whole group wait :facepalm: :oops:
Great day out ( always is :D ) with lovely weather ; some really nice bikes ; and nice people to ride with. @ Johnboy ; I can't speak for the others but it's possible I flattered to deceive a bit on those slicks ; you should see me attempting to go uphill ; glaciers often move faster ! Big thanks to Mike for organizing ; and also to my mate Dan the van man for getting us there and back.

Re:

Enjoyable ride guys, but was I riding with a bunch of "Triggers"?! The guys name who borrowed my Adept was Jon aka JonRock :)

Re: Re:

thesneaker":385zr0rs said:
Enjoyable ride guys, but was I riding with a bunch of "Triggers"?! The guys name who borrowed my Adept was Jon aka JonRock :)

Ha ha :D Well we are getting on a bit you know !! Did Dave find it fu.....ooops I mean Jon ;)

godders":1oczimip said:
thesneaker":1oczimip said:

Ha ha :D Well we are getting on a bit you know !! Did Dave find it fu.....ooops I mean Jon ;)

Maybe i'll start calling him DaveRock :LOL:

Re:

So who's Dave then Jon?

I don't know Trig, but that's why people call me Jon, because Jon is my name.

Ah, ok then Dave!

Mike Muz 67":3b74qf2x said:
So who's Dave then Jon?

I don't know Trig, but that's why people call me Jon, because Jon is my name.

Ah, ok then Dave!

:facepalm: ;)

Back home now,thanks for a "different" day out ! Learnt lots about the local geography but clueless about most of the tech talk that was going on.So thanks Mike for organising it and thanks to Mick for showing me the way home and waiting for me when my legs went "pop" on that bloody hill !!!
Mike.

Back