Topic Deleted

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":396no53q said:
No, it's not brand snobbery. Marin really did make good bikes, and still do. The Palisades Trail is not a high end bike that would get you lots of kudos anyway. It's just a good everyday bike.

Ok I'm convinced, I found a 1996 Marin brochure on here with the spec and geometry. The bike I'm looking at is 19" and the top tube is 23" so I'm a bit worried it might be a bit too streached out for me. (Years of leaning over drawing boards and an accident haven't helped my poor old neck). But it looks original and all the '96 Marin range 17.5" frames top tubes are only half an inch shorter so a medium frame wouldn't be any better ( I'd have to find a small 14" frame to get a 20" top tube!) :shock: I've decided to go for it and e-mailed the seller to see if it's still available.

As ever, this site has come up with good advice for us newbie numpties :LOL:

And the archive is a godsend.

Now, anybody want to buy a Townsend? :mrgreen:

Re:

Yep. You're better off with a Townsend that fits than a Marin that doesn't. You don't want something that's literally a pain in the neck, after all. No harm in trying a bike out for size though. ;)

Re: Re:

CassidyAce":29n9l47i said:
Yep. You're better off with a Townsend that fits than a Marin that doesn't. You don't want something that's literally a pain in the neck, after all. No harm in trying a bike out for size though. ;)

Didn't get the chance to try it. The seller never got back to me and the ad has now disappeared. The guy was a bike flipper he had loads of bikes for sale on Gumtree, all Apollos and low end stuff (even a Townsend :LOL: ). I wonder if he realised he had something worth more than he was asking for it and pulled the ad.

So it looks like the Townsend has got a stay of execution and TBH it fits me and rides well so I'm not heartbroken.

Back