Too many bikes

I must be amateurish at 26 ready to ride, 9 frames with full group sets waiting to be built. All are kept in the house & the better half doesn't mind, so long as it keeps me happy :mrgreen: .

Re:

Mrs Muz 0 , Mr Muz 16,

with a frameset on the way.

Wheels to be sourced

Mike

Re:

8 bikes and not a single one of any interest to me... nice bloke, crap bikes!

Happy new year.

al.

02gf74":327yzf4x said:
If you think you have too many bikes, then take a leaf out of guy martins book.

"Too many bikes, too many bikes", as the song goes...

From what I can see, he's quite restrained. Guy could actually do with some more in his life, like the early classics – Clockwork, Prestige, P7, C16r or whatever, for example. If Orange doesn't shred it for you, then just replace with your own brand choice.

Number of times my missus says to me: "Oh no (big weary sigh...) he's looking at bike bits again!". But the concept of "too much" could be applied equally to high neck skinny rib tops, leather tote bags, more shoes/boots/trainers.

Do you own enough books or magazines to rival the British Library? Do you own enough vinyl to out do the National Sound Archive? Do you grow the entire national collection of Galanthus Nivalis?

At the end of January, I'll be in a freezing car park up the A10. There, hoards of retirees with sharpened elbows queue an hour for the annual Myddleton House snowdrop sale event to commence. I've never seen so many £50 notes feverishly change hands so quickly, as they dash from stall to stall in a frenzy to find 'the one' on each of their collector's list. None of them wince at stumping up £500 for a single species snowdrop.

How much stuff do we really need? Do we want to live a frugal and puritanical existence or do we want to indulge our passions and enjoy our lives whilst we're here?

Happy New Year and get riding – cheers!

Attachments

• snow drop frenzy.JPG
    snow drop frenzy.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 374
groovyblueshed":sdxj1rt9 said:
At the end of January, I'll be in a freezing car park up the A10. There, hoards of retirees with sharpened elbows queue an hour for the annual Myddleton House snowdrop sale event to commence. I've never seen so many £50 notes feverishly change hands so quickly, as they dash from stall to stall in a frenzy to find 'the one' on each of their collector's list. None of them wince at stumping up £500 for a single species snowdrop.

How much stuff do we really need? Do we want to live a frugal and puritanical existence or do we want to indulge our passions and enjoy our lives whilst we're here?

:shock: Maybe i should start selling snowdrops :D

I dont know off the top of my head how many bikes/frames i have, not really bothered about keeping count, more about space but always can find room for another :)
As for Guy, im sure he is sponsered, if i was i would have one of each and maybe a spare of each also.
How long before Guy starts engineering his own brand bike parts?

Happy new year to everyone :cool:

Mark

Are you there in a selling capacity? Or are you a snowdrop collector yourself?

I have a love of the odd snowdrop but retro bikes have taken over nowadays!

I live fairly close to Colesbourne Park near Cheltenham... I too have witnessed manic snowdrop collectors! A crazier breed than us Retrobikers!

Happy New Year :)

Simon

groovyblueshed":2l917lxk said:

Back