Tomac204 Magnum Lawwill CHEAP RETRO DH BIKE! £500!

The thread is 9 years old, and the seller doesn't look like he's been here for about 2 years.
You never know though, he might pop back in 2023. :facepalm: :LOL: :LOL:

I figured it's old but maybe someone has a lead. I don't mind what size - the dimensions I need are not size specific and am pretty sure the sizing is adjusted in the front triangle whereby the swingarm does not change nor really the pivots and seat tube angles but my guess is the top tube, down tube and seat tube length are what change by size.
I'm just looking to get a few key dimensions off the pivot, BB and general area. If I can't pay someone to provide some dimensions, I will buy the frame and use it as a study/reference. Thanks.

redshred19":3bt74f7q said:
I figured it's old but maybe someone has a lead. I don't mind what size - the dimensions I need are not size specific and am pretty sure the sizing is adjusted in the front triangle whereby the swingarm does not change nor really the pivots and seat tube angles but my guess is the top tube, down tube and seat tube length are what change by size.
I'm just looking to get a few key dimensions off the pivot, BB and general area. If I can't pay someone to provide some dimensions, I will buy the frame and use it as a study/reference. Thanks.

Put up a post in general chat, as no everyone looks in all the sections, and even if nobody has one, they could maybe point you int he direction to get the information.
What about the forum Single Track World. I know theres a lot of DHers on there and while most are modern, a post cant hurt.

We've an archive for manufacturers and i had a look for you but alas nothing on Tomac, only for the lawwill fork.
Also if you google Tomac 204(I know you've likely done this to get here, but theres other posts and topics on it, and might find what youre looking for in those), theres a number of retrobike posts on it, and you will though have to trawl through, but you might be able to glean some info off of them.
Had much the same trying to get early Hope tech info, and a trawl it certainly is especially for their early mechanical brakes. Sometimes its a bit disheartening, but stick with it.
So much for googles 1.2 trillion returns to the query eh :LOL: :facepalm:

you can also if you know some sizes create an overlay to give you the rest. For example if you know the length center to center you can construct a graph on a picture and work out angles from that.
On STW theres a recent thread on Mullet cycles where they havent released the geometry, but someone has created a graph around the known sizes to work out the rest(head tube angle, sea tube length etc.
I learned this in design and it works thus.
Say for example you know the thickness/width/etc of a single part, say a tube. Knowing that specific size you can make your graph in increment of that dimension, which you overlay against the entire picture. Count the increments and that gives more sizes.
You can take from other things in the pic a plumb to show what is straight and what is angled, and from there you can work out what those angles are.

Back