Titanium Saracen Killi Ultra,Look Carbon Forks,XTR, Medium

adrianmcgowan

Retro Newbie
Hi all - I have my bike up for sale and a friend of mine who uses this site (Santercruz) has suggested I advertise it on here.

Its a great bike and I will be truely gutted to see it go. I would really prefer not to break it but if you are really interested in any of the parts let me know and I will consider it.

I am based in the West Midlands and am open to offers - as a guide the bike is on Ebay with a Buy it Now of £799 and seems to be generating quite alot of interest. Like I say though, I am open to offers.

Full details below:

For sale is my beloved Titanium frame MTB. Being sold due to personal circumstances.

I don’t want to risk posting it so collection from West Midlands only please.

This bike has hardly been used since having some serious money spent on it, spec below:

FRAME: Saracen Killi Ultra Titanium Frameset in medium. Very light and responsive – it took me a long time to find a good titanium frame – ridiculously expensive original RRP – good luck finding another one, they are very rare. This one is bare titanium and looks the business. I am 5ft10” and this frame fits me perfectly – would accommodate a few inches either way. Centre of BB to top of seat tube is 17”.

FORKS: Look Fournales Carbon Forks – hardly any use (less than 100 miles) - These are incredibly lightweight and very efficient carbon legged forks that I bought off a guy who had stored them for a year or so – before fitting them I removed the shock and sent it to Fournales in France for a full service (cost me 120 Euro’s) – I have the paperwork to verify this and have also purchased a full set of spare seals that will be included in the sale. I also still have the original box, disc mount and manual for these forks. These forks were THE most expensive fork available a couple of years ago. They use an air shock and have no lateral flex. I haven’t weighed these but some quick research tells me they are 1180 grams.

Headset: Cane Creek S8 – hardly and use (less than 100 miles).

Stem: Bontrager Race Lite – hardly used (less than 100 miles).

Bars: Bontrager Race X Lite Carbon – hardly used (less than 100 miles).

Seatpost: USE polished alloy.

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium – hardly used (less than 100 miles).

Brakes: Shimano XTR V Brakes front & rear. Rear is nearly brand new. Front has just had new pads. These are much sharper than the £250 Avid Juicy 7’s I have on my other bike)/

Levers: Shimano XTR – hardly used – look fantastic - XTR cables

Chainset – Shimano Hollowtech

Front Mech: Shimano LX

Rear Mech: Shimano XT

Shifters: Shimano XT

Rear Wheel: Shimano XT M750 with Mavic 517 rim

Front Wheel: I have changed this to a fantastic looking Shimano M535 16 spoke (I will include the original Shimano XT wheel to match the rear as well).

No pedals included.

Condition – This bike is in perfect working order.

There is one light mark on the bars and another on the stem (too light to show in the pictures).

The frame has some light scratches that I have tried to show in the pictures. There are NO dents, cracks or major marks. As the frame is bare Titanium any light marks can be polished out with a little elbow grease.

The M535 front wheel has been drilled out to take a schraeder valve (pictured).

The text has worn off the cranks (doesn’t it always with Shimano!)

This is no ordinary bike – you will never see another like it. I have lost count of the times people have stopped to ask me about it. It is lighter than my Specialized Stumpjumper Expert hardtail (rrp £1500) and climbs incredibly. Being a ti frame you get a comfortable and forgiving ride.

More pictures are available on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Thanks for looking

Adrian

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,045
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,046
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,046
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Price

Sorry but the rules of the forum dictate you must put a firm price on this, there is a seperate section for promoting Ebay sales. The mods will lock this thread otherwise, has to be a firm price sorry.

I have never actually seen one of these, I do remember they had a ridiculous price tag! Does anyone know who made them for Saracen?
they also did a really good Ti looking paint at about the time of this bike being out (1995-6?) - I had one - looked great until the 'ti' surface layer wore off and it ended up beige :?

Re: Price

Wold Ranger":1dehnxv6 said:
Sorry but the rules of the forum dictate you must put a firm price on this, there is a seperate section for promoting Ebay sales. The mods will lock this thread otherwise, has to be a firm price sorry.

Spot on.

Please read the rules and guidelines.

Feel free to list as a classified WITH price or list on ebay then post in our ebay section.

Back