Titanium frame identification help needed

owenB

Dirt Disciple
I'm looking at rebuilding a titanium frame but I'd like to dress it up in period kit so I need some help with a rough year and who made it. I'm told it could be ti-max or Saracen but I'm not sure. No markings on the frame, no numbers can be seen throughout!!!

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 3,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 3,446
Re:

It's a funny one...dropouts and cable stops are definitely hinting at early nineties Litespeed to me. Definitely not a Kili or Serotta though. Are there any frame numbers?

Re:

Thanks, definitely no markings at all but to me it feels a nice quality frame, all the welds are lovely and it's been done with some love. Litespeed would be nice but still to find a answer that I can get a photo of the bike/frame and honestly say it's the same!

Perhaps I'll never know...mmmmmm.

Re:

Was a chap on mtbr who had a ti ride with same dropouts but I dont think he ever found out what it was either, suggestions of Diamond back and Dean were made
65063d1111681352-official-titanium-bike-thread-dropout.jpg

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... #post20434

only lead I can find.....

Re:

Drop outs looks the same but I cant find the details of that photo from the link, can you clarify what that frame was or is that ones of the mystery ones too????

thanks
Owen

Latest posts

Back