Tip find Falcon Scorpio Racer **Photos Now Added**

Bones619

Retro Newbie
Hey,

Found a Falcon Scorpio Racer at the tip recently and paid £5 fr it.

It has a 20" frame which I realise is a youths size.

Does anyone know anything about these bikes?? I cannot find anything about them on the Internet. I am presuming that they were an entry level budget bike for young adults?

It is missing a rear tyre (Front is a Hutchinson), saddle and rear reflector.

Can anyone help?? Please!!

Photos below...............

DSCF3596.jpg

DSCF3590.jpg

DSCF3593.jpg

DSCF3604.jpg

DSCF3603.jpg

DSCF3594.jpg

DSCF3597.jpg

DSCF3606.jpg

Hub date puts it at 1987.

As can be seen by the photos it is definately a Falcon!

It is definately a Falcon not a Raleigh. It is very well badged + I have an '84 Falcon Pro Zeta BMX with the same headbadge.

I will post pics asap.

By the way what does IIRC mean?

Cheers

Dawes also made a Scorpio in the 80s, Obviously a popular name! IIRC, means If I Remember Correctly. Some pic might help those with good knowledge give a bit more info. Anything in working and good nick for a fiver is a bargain though!

you say it's a racer, but I vaguely remember having a scorpio as a kid, I think it was made by falcon although I might be wrong. It was very like the raleigh grifter, but light green... 3 speed twist grip, with colour indicator - blue for easy, yellow for middle, red for hard :D

please post a pic!

this looks like the black version of the falcon mistral i bought new in 1986 from halfords. it has the same spec as far as i can remember although mine had 27 x 1 1/4 steel wheels and i cant tell by the pics what yours have. the spec is identical though. i paid 119 for it and it was powder coated white with blue graphics. hope thats some help.

Back