Time warp Europa built page 8.

That has turned out great, really neat.
I agree that the yellow tape sets it off nicely.
Enjoy many happy miles :)
Oh and Happy New Year

Jamie

Looking good
- the yellow handlebar tape is striking!
Lovely build

Re:

Looks good, it brings back memories of the Europa I bought new in 1973! I used to ride it to school every day, it was an earlier version than yours.

It was a replacement for a mark 1 highback Raliegh Chopper! The Europa was replaced by a sports moped in 76, but that's another story.

Re:

The Suzuki AP50 was a nice bike, 5 speed with cci autolube for the oil, which was high tec for a moped in those days!
I had a Gilera Trial. I still have a Fantic in the garage with all the cycles, it's great fun to ride on a summers day!

Undeniable proof you CAN polish a turd.

Finally went out on this today. See that wall behind the bike. I'd have rather been riding that home. Suppose I've been spoilt with the 8806, the Roberts and the Overbury's but this was truly shocking. They say never meet your heroes. Well I've just met the equivalent of a poor Elvis impersonator.

A pretty dead frame, jarring, unstable at speed. Didn't trust it at all. Great view though. I am Joop!

Back on the wall already. Lovely day for it though. Still think it's the best £100 (in total) i've spent. Iconic in the truest sense...

I got a lot of long looks from the usual yogurt pot riding roadies as i flew past, in the other direction. The signature yellow bar tape really does look stunning and finishes it off beautifully.

Back