Time warp Europa built page 8.

Re:

A quick wipe down with an oily rag, a rewrap with cotton bar tape, pump up the tyres and you'll be good to go.

Proper retro.

Re: Just taken a massive punt on this

I didn't pay too much at all. Well you might think so. Today's grin (just got back with it) is worth the price of admission alone. A real time warp bike. Looks like it was put away in 1983 and forgotten about. A little rub of the top tube shows the condition under a couple of decades of living in the cellar apparently. Tyres still hold air, wheels are just starting to rust, everything moves including the seat. (Bonus)

Can the wheels be trusted or do I hunt some mavics?

Re:

I think i've found my level :D Very unpretentious and endearing. 25" Completely original? looks it to me.
What would this have cost in '82 then?
Cost me £60 and a pleasant Sunday morning drive.

aa2fa9de0032eab6a89b612cffeceda3_zpsbtdmrqn0.jpg

Re:

Looks good to me mate, nice find!

I'd keep the wheels, look fine from what I can see. I love that computer thingy! :cool: Not seen one like that, PROPER RETRO! :cool: :cool:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2h3jsy05 said:
I love that computer thingy! :cool: Not seen one like that, PROPER RETRO! :cool: :cool:

Mike

Are you joking?

We all used to have them on our bikes when were were kids... which for me was back in the late 60's and 70's....... the 1860's and 70's.

Re: Re:

NeilM":1m3wky3l said:
Mike Muz 67":1m3wky3l said:
I love that computer thingy! :cool: Not seen one like that, PROPER RETRO! :cool: :cool:

Mike

Are you joking?

We all used to have them on our bikes when were were kids... which for me was back in the late 60's and 70's....... the 1860's and 70's.

Oh really ? !

I'm geeting old and sentimental about old cra, er, stuff! Will rod brakes work on a Mavic 517 rim? :? :LOL: :LOL:

Re: Just taken a massive punt on this time warp Europa pics

I reckon this is going to be sweet when it's cleaned up. Just on the right side of neglected if you know what I mean.

New cables and tape (foam) incoming. Cloth I'm not keen on after the Armstrong. Looks nice but too thin. Will save it for the Christmas break. I'll need an escape plan.

Looks good to me, and £60 is about right I reckon. Should look nice when cleaned up.

I was kinda worried when you said massive punt.

Back