Three Tribes Aftermath Thread!

Great ride, and great video and photos.
Really enjoyed the whole day, good company, nice pub, and good to be back out riding in that area, and made it round on my slicks.. :shock:.
Thanks Rob and all for getting this ride organised.
Any chance of a list of riders? I'm terrible with names and am trying to put names to faces/bikes :?
I was on the Orange P7 with slicks.

:D superb pics and scenery, wasnt pleased about missing it but atleast i done what i had to yesterday........bought a shed, sorted out garden and bought other bits needed for new house.

anymore pics?

Starting to ache everywhere now.

NE&Yorks Group were....

Gil_M- Bontrager Titanium
BIBBY- Pace RC100
Dr S- Wicked FAT CHANCE
Mark Two Tone- Marin
Young Mark- PACE RC303 singlespeed
reanimation- Muddy Fox
mrlee- Smokestone

I need to get to my PC before I can post up a report or pics.

Highs
Weather- it just about held off all day, we got a soaking over the last half mile. Could be worse, there was snow on the way home :shock:

The great company, always good to meet new faces and swap stories.

The return descent off Howden Moor- fantastic!

Young Mark Singlespeeding the route a few hundred yards in front at all times- man of iron!

North East and North West almost colliding at the junction beside the meeting point- perfect timing

Riding my Fat Chance again. Held it's own against much younger machines once again.

No mechanicals, punctures and only one crash. Amazing when you take into account the terrain.

Lows
Lee's crash, quite nasty and right in front of the baggy arsed DH boyz.

Threaded headset coming loose all the time. Must crack out the locktite.

All in all another grand day out. We got back to the cars at 6pm- eight hours after we left, a long day but one of many rewards. Huge thanks once again to all that played along- it's you guys that make the RB rides special.

Si

The East Midlands were:

rc200ti (Rob): Pace RC200ti F5
velocitizen (Richard): Orange P7
nakedgav (Gav): Kona Kilauea
Imnotanumber-06 (John): Kona Kilauea
unocogero (Mat): Kona Fire Mountain

Nice one gents, looks like a great day out.

The Peaks really are leg-busting :shock:

Thanks Si and Matt.
Just need to work out who that lot from Manchester were?
Yeah I followed young Mark on his single speed Pace up the climb and along the top, didn't get close to him on either, fantastic rider.
Equally enjoyable was following 'Nakedgav' for most of the day, he just seemed to take the right line everytime, flicking around obstacles, very agile as I ploughed into boulders, pudddles and ditchs.
Love the bit on the video at about 5.40 with the ground level camera.

Thanks all who put this ride on, I had great day! Some great trails in the peaks.
Highpoint must be the perfectly timed arrival of NW and NE riders.
Lowpoint my dodgy grip that wouldn't stick down.

Really good to meet so many of you and hope to see you all again soon!

The North Western gun slingers were:

Sinnett177: Alpinestars Ti-Mega EOS
drystonepaul: Raleigh Dyna Tech
Sidewinder: DeKerf (early retirement :cry:)
Woody: Specialized M2
Easy_Rider: Parkpre Pro 825
scottrider: Modern Scott (full sus nonsense)
volvo1980: Parkpre
volvo's mate Alex: Kona Kilauea

Great day out, one of my faves so far to be honest. Really good to talk to so many great guys, all interesting and diverse people. I can't name all names as I can't remember everyones! haha, so won't embarrass myself naming the long list and missing people, you know who you were! To mentio though, was great to meet Mark two tone who did a great job on the trails, a real baptism of fire, and came through unscathed on the super rigid Marin, good one chap. Our token Ribena berry - young Mark (almost everyone called Mark inc me, easy to remember! ;) ) deserves a mention also for defying laws of physics and biology etc, cool style, and wins the colour stylz award on a modern! :D

Whatever I did this time (avoiding booze helped! Tea please) didn't B0rk me! the last 3 RB trips ruined me mentally and physically. this one just a few aches from tensing on the brakes and 'suspension' no doubt!
And just to take the pee I totally cheated two crashes! after following the nice guy on the blue Kona making mincemeat of the rock pools on his 1.8 tyres I decide to take my own route past, bad move, a bunch of surprise big rocks had me grinding to a suspended endo with Sinnett screeching behind! :O :LOL: And the dry stream crossing on the way back, same prob, bike fell and I landed on me feet some how, amazing!

Thanks to Si for arranging our bit, and taking pics can't wait to see em.

Keep up the good attitude guys. :)

Back