Thetford ride aftermath

top day out! dust???!!! coughed so much thought i'd started smoking again! not ridden that far off road in 1 day for years, infact, not ridden that far in 1 day for years full stop. i am feeling the benefit & will continue to do so for the forseeable future!

Funk update......... has been 'on the table' this evening & is in a critical but stable condition.
on closer inspection it would appear that the trip down 'the beast' (what is the fuss about, suspension is still for girls!) has 'loosened' a previously unnoticed problem what with it being primerily a road bike slicks n all now. lower cup was rocking side to side & there is evidence of some technical taping on the front of the head tube so it may not be totally round now. have replaced yst headset with XT 1. cup goes about 3-4mm further into the frame, seems to have cured the rocking. however, it does look like the top of the head tube is not cut at 90 degrees which would explain why it tightens up & the forks don't spin freely :shock:
think i need to find small friendly engineering shop.
is back in 1 piece but i don't own headset spanners let alone 1 1/4" headset spanners!

andohmygodisocan'tbelievehowfatilookinlycra!isototallyamnotwearinitagainuntili'veatleastlostlike2stoneorsumut.......

Latest posts

Back