BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Those who know me know that my collection leans heavily towards the Canadian brands from the late 1980's and early 1990's, with Brodies being top of the list. I meant to start this thread almost seven years ago but one thing led to another! Some might remember this one surfacing in Canada back in 2015. A friend was fortunate enough to grab it, but it was sadly far too small for him - great news for me! Here's the first couple of pics I saw of it.

IMG_2779.JPG IMG_2780.JPG

A deal was done for the frame and fork and it arrived sometime around Christmas 2015, if I remember correctly. As with all my projects it spent it's fair share of time hung up in the shed whilst I mulled over the build. Unfortunately Paul has a small gap in his records, so this one can't be pinpointed, but it's more than likely from early 1991. These pics are from early 2016.

IMG_6643.JPG IMG_6644.JPG IMG_6645.JPG IMG_6646.JPG IMG_6647.JPG IMG_6648.JPG IMG_6649.JPG

This one is interesting as the brake noodle is a slightly different design and is mounted on the opposite side of the frame to normal and the fillet brazed unicrown fork isn't usually associated with Brodies of this era.

More to follow........

In the late summer of 2017 Paul decided to make a batch of new ICR stems and of course I placed an order

IMG_4322.JPG

They arrived to my door at the end of April 2018 but it wasn't until the spring of 2019 that I got them painted

IMG_8923.JPG IMG_8924.JPG IMG_8926.JPEG IMG_8927.JPG

A black and yellow theme was probably the most obvious but already having a green and black themed Brodie I opted for silver parts. I had collected a few parts including a nos Kingsbery post, Merlin Ti bar and a lovely yellow perforated Turbo saddle. These pics are from April 2019. The yellow stem is still waiting for hardware and decals at this point.

IMG_4391.JPG IMG_4392.JPG IMG_4393.JPG IMG_4394.JPG

Last edited:
Around a year later, in the spring of 2020, I sold it to a good friend, @Si_33 on the forum. I don't remember why, other than I needed funds for something else. Simon managed to go a step further than I did and completed the majority of the build last Autumn (I think). Many parts have been bought, sold, traded and donated between us over the years and 'first dibs', if things are ever moved on, is the norm.

Fast forward to spring this year and the dibs clause was activated. We both had an early start yesterday morning and met up to carry out the exchange over a coffee. That brings this story bang up to date and the lovely yellow Romax is sitting in the back of my van outside. We had discussed the build throughout, so the spec is a bit of a joint effort. Hopefully I'll find time to get it out and give it a few tweaks in the next few days and take some pics, though I wouldn't be counting those chickens yet :LOL:

Back