The perfect bike quiver - is it attainable? Discuss

Never :LOL:

Do I have every bike I possibly need - Yes.

Do I have every bike I would like - No, and probably never will ;)

It is attainable, but due to most people having finite money/space, and the general human condition of wanting 'new' things most of us will keep a number of bikes, but pass a number of them on too. I kind of wish I had kept the Klein, Hei Hei, Blizzard, Explosif, C16, Race Lite and S Works that have all been and gone in the past 7 years, but hey, I have some nice bikes now, and will no doubt have some nice(r) bikes in the future...

I think its nature to still want ... And noone likes to give up a bargain either which always changes things daily :LOL:

How many people were quite happy yesterday until someone popped up with a Klien for £150 !?!? then went .....oooooooowwww :LOL:

Err, well I know that I would need more space! :oops:

Current crop

-Slightly Pimped Retro
-High end but heavy SS BSX/4x bike
-Street pimped SS modern big wheel commuter
-Heavy duty FS 1/2 bike
-Sweet midskool BMX pov build

And yet I yearn currently to sort the Raliegh, bought as a donor and ride its tits off through winter! :idea: :?: wierd.

Also decided to build a Fixie from an old Saracen frame...

And the bits N bobs projects

^^^ Half of those I don't recall 'wanting' :?: :!: so not sure whats going on there,

-Despirate to rebuild the 4X modern bike into summat more spritely
-Yearning an old skool BMX on Gold rims thanks to Perry!
-And the Retro MTB rat pack
* Pace
* GT Tequesta (or higher) from 1990/1991/1992
* Offroad Master
* Pink Cromo Muddy Fox
* Something E stay'd
* Klein
* etc

- And maybe a proper road Fixie

Gulp, i think It gets worse hanging places like here.

What would be awesomes would be ONE bike :eek: :shock: one great all rounder HT probably modern, chuckable, fun, with a nod to the past, why cant my heart and head let me just do that! :?: :oops: :LOL:

reanimation":7kf0voiu said:
What would be awesomes would be ONE bike :eek: :shock: one great all rounder HT probably modern, chuckable, fun, with a nod to the past, why cant my heart and head let me just do that! :?: :oops: :LOL:

Ah, the impossible dream, one bike that does it all. So it would need to be:
- capable offroad
- capable on road
- ss/fixed compatible
- satisfy retro cravings may be optional for some ;) )
- have I missed anything?

Sadly this probably means either a cross bike or another jack of all trades that does all the above competently but not excellently.

OK I cheat, Two Bikes, one for road getting about, in the city now, i use it everyday.

:)

I'm hoping if I can rebuild my modern fun bike next summer with a new frame etc so its light and fun like the one I trialed this year. Begging to be ridden. Tough, agile, alive and not weighing a ton.

sorted. ;)

---

But then I NEED a retro for riding with you lot anyway. ;) plus Its great to just have a retro, or two, or six!

The Full Susser I don't even need, or know if i'll like yet, so I'll see if I get into playing Monster truck bikes!

you know it will just go on with colecting just like i did with cars

Not sure if my little lot counts as a "quiver" or maybe is best described as a "capsule collection" It's a bit of a mix of old and new.......

Modern Bikes

Trek Pilot c2005- all purpose road bike, aluminium -triple geared

Giant TCR c2007 road bike for racing - carbon -compact double and tribars

Retro bikes
Specialized Rockhopper c1997 - for off road

C16R c1992? - for building up

and finally

New custom Ti frame just arrived to build up into a cross bike once I've finished building the Orange!

I have ambitions that this last project will be the "Do it all" bike - a road bike with some off road capability. Ideally it'll travel with me around Europe on the back of the camper, get flogged on training rides on the road, hacked up mountains and taken for flights of fancy across country in wild and remote places when the fancy takes me!

Let's see if the reality lives up to the dream!

Back