The Official Scrap yard challenge ride May 12th FOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The History Man":2vbqywah said:
Will be riding Marin. :shock: Giant is on ebay. :cry: Mrs HM is now happy. ;)

Spencer just asked if it was for sale? :LOL:

daj":3j0k8a2q said:
The History Man":3j0k8a2q said:
Will be riding Marin. :shock: Giant is on ebay. :cry: Mrs HM is now happy. ;)

Spencer just asked if it was for sale? :LOL:

Hasn't the deadline passed? ;) if it doesn't sell will give him first refusal. Looking to make something on it for charity. Fed up of sleeping face down. She can't get in the shed to do her potting!

Sold in under 2 hours for £70 best offer. Had it up at 75. Sorry Spencer :cry:

Hello. Due to certain inexplicably popular members being well, total members, I have not been on here of late. I have however been on a ride the other weekend with Grumpycommuter and....

I have just picked up a boat anchor of a bike for absolutely nothing. It has sat outside for ever and I'll have to turn the forks and seat pin the right way around but, I think I can bring it back to use for no extra money!

It's a bit small and I'm not sure about the wheels but, we'll see!

What are we proposing happens to the bikes afterwards?

KatieMac and I are donating our bikes to a Bristol charity.

In fact, I am hopeful that they might be open on the 12th, as I will drop them off on the way home.

Unfortunately I have no idea what car I will be driving on the day and the (VW) car I presently have is pretty much full up with two bikes in :evil: I could get three bikes and three people in the Skoda!

Good news mark!!

I have no plans of bringing mine home, it will be left at centre with free to good home sign on it if Neil can't take it. To be fair it's an actually really nice original example of a Raleigh mustang!

Do we get to choose our charity? Thinking of converting to cash for local hospice for mine as already made something for them on giant.

Of course it's only a crazy idea to make a change from the normal meets, there are no harden rules if someone benefits from our retro sadness all is good :0)

I have just spent a very frustrated hour trying to get the gears working! They are better but still very random! Could it be due to the very bent axle on the back wheel? Could be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back